Cooper Creek Fishing

S
Scarecro
ill be heading up to cooper here in a few i think. its either that or go over to the shad hole in hopes of no one fishing there already or swimming there. thats pretty much a zero percent chance.

M
MontanaMoose
Outta town

Outta town

Once again I'm south for a while Scarecro....got some action at the lake the other day but it was spotty....smaller fly would have gotten me into a ton of gill and crappie though...they couldn't get on the #4 hook...

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

S
Scarecro
Just got back from Plat I after that horrific storm. was there for a bout an hour and a half a reeled in two nice trout. guy next to me got a nice one too. I tried cooper first but that brought nothing good.

M
MontanaMoose
Cooper & Platt I

Cooper & Platt I

I tried Platt for a couple of hours two weeks ago and nothing but it sure was a nice day. Last time at Cooper i got one or two small LMB's and a good gill if I'm remembering correctly. Heading back to OR today. Can't wait to see the river and the lake.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

S
Scarecro
MontanaMoose said:
I tried Platt for a couple of hours two weeks ago and nothing but it sure was a nice day. Last time at Cooper i got one or two small LMB's and a good gill if I'm remembering correctly. Heading back to OR today. Can't wait to see the river and the lake.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose
I got to plat I at about 8:15 and left about 9:30. the stater blew right past us didn't even stop to tell us to leave. I heard its illegal to trout fish at night. $hit me and homeboy were casting out in the darkness an not getting a single bite.

altogether we got 3 on some rainbow powerbait.

M
MontanaMoose
Rattlesnake

Rattlesnake

If you go to Cooper Creek Res and if you hike the lake trail that starts by the dam, watch out over by the second cove trail...came upon a rattler today...almost got too close...got buzzed bigtime, back pedalled a half dozen steps to look around as i could hear clearly that it was in front of me...yep it was....was watching me intently from full coil and strike mode.

I observed for a while and went up the hill a ways...thanked the rattler for the warning and finished the hike back to the dam. Got number of bass on the day while i was at it. Fly patterned after minnow, #4 long shank streamer hook, white boa yarn trimmed to the shape of a small shad. Worked.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

T
Throbbit _Shane
Im going to roseburg this weekend thinking about trying this lake and the ben irving one. Seen that they were recently stocked with some lunkers. any advice for bank access

M
MontanaMoose
Bank access for Cooper Creek Res

Bank access for Cooper Creek Res

Hello Throbbit _Shane, while i've not been to Ben Irving, I've been to Cooper Creek Res a lot. Bank access is plentiful so no problem there. You could start at the dam area and since that's where i'd seen ppl catching numbers of good sized trout, you might do good around there. If you want to see more lake and bank access, you could drive to the upper boat ramp and try your luck all around there too. Past that i like the second pullout then you hike down to the point that you were looking at while at the upper boat ramp area. There are yet two more pullouts after that with areas that can be fished though limited as far as walking up and down the banks.

Since i don't know how you fish, it's hard to say what to use but the guys i saw getting the best fish were using half a worm and i saw no float, so presumably they were using a rig that suspended the half worm rig. Hope this helps and i hope you like fishing in the rain. Luck.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

T
Throbbit _Shane
Thanks for the pointers. Ill probally end up at Cooper Creek more since my buddy lives in Sutherlin.