Commonwealth Lake Fishing

M
meluvtrout
want to go fishing said:
Do I get the impression that is not exactly a clean pristine pond/lake?

Would you you even consider tossing one into a fry pan?:think:

I'd recommend using a surgical glove and c&r anything you catch from any pond.

W
wanna go fishing
Oh great.

Oh great.

Now that's encouraging :(

I've already decided not to eat anything that lingers in the Willamette beyond passing through on their way back from the ocean. And, then there is that list of warnings in the fishing regs. Do these fish come with warning labels on them.

And I never ever buy anything that is farm raised no matter what.

I had hoped that maybe the trout have not been there long enough. Oh well C&R is good but if I have to wear surgical gloves to fish ... I'll pass. Not even to practice.

I suppose the Trojan ponds are just as bad, do they glow in the dark there? Just kidding . . . or maybe not.

P
PDXKush
Trojan is very cool. I even spotted some bald eagles there. But again. C & R for sheezy.

W
wanna go fishing
Sigh.

Sigh.

Okay, I'm good with catch and release, but what about eating just one little fishy if I'm lucky enough to catch one? As much as I'd like one a steelie is probably a bit ambitious for me.

How about Blue Lake for trout? Do I need a hazmat suit for that too. I hope not :pray:

P
PDXKush
If its one of the stocked trout you should be fine. There's people who swear bye the fish they catch out of both places...They've been eating it and they're fine. It's all preference. Enjoy and let us know how it goes.

W
wanna go fishing
Hmmm, I dunno

Hmmm, I dunno

Hmm, what to do, what to do? I'm thinking I'll just practice my casting and wait to find something on the North Fork Reservoir or Trillium lake when it thaws. I may not catch anything but I will have a great time hangin' out. I see a pack rod as something I'll be adding to my pack when hiking.

Who would have thought that wearing surgical gloves would come in on a conversation about fishing. And wishing for the good ol' days. Must be getting old.

Thanks for the advice

M
meluvtrout
want to go fishing said:
Hmm, what to do, what to do? I'm thinking I'll just practice my casting and wait to find something on the North Fork Reservoir or Trillium lake when it thaws. I may not catch anything but I will have a great time hangin' out. I see a pack rod as something I'll be adding to my pack when hiking.

Who would have thought that wearing surgical gloves would come in on a conversation about fishing. And wishing for the good ol' days. Must be getting old.

Thanks for the advice

Slow moving streams and ponds are main causes for exposure to bacterias that might be carried in animal feces. These bacterias will usually not airborne, however if you lick your finger or have open wounds or hook yourself and get exposed to bacterias through water, then will get in your system.

Weil's disease, although is not common, is one of the many that you might find through ponds.

My basic approach to fishing is : If you can't swim in it, don't fish there!

B
beaverfan
The fish in Commonwealth are for eating they have tested the water three times this spring so far.

W
wanna go fishing
Invasive fish species.

Invasive fish species.

:shock:Almost like a third world country.

I think I liked the invasive fish discussion better :confused:

W
wanna go fishing
beaverfan said:
The fish in Commonwealth are for eating they have tested the water three times this spring so far.

I wondered about why the city or Washington County did not test it. Since that is a neighborhood park with kids likely to play there I would have been surprised. I mean, what kid can resist getting their hands in there for soemthing.

But then again . . .

F
Fishtopher
want to go fishing said:
:shock:Almost like a third world country.

I think I liked the invasive fish discussion better :confused:
:lol::lol::lol:

W
wanna go fishing
Scary

Scary

That is pretty scary. There is so much stuff around. I have a friend that picked something up like what was described. The docs just kept treating and treating but did not know what it was. Ended up in the hospital with 10cm of ulcer in her colon. Lost a bunch of weight and sick for a long time. It was never diagnosed.

No, I agree, best to stay away from ponds where the water is not flushed. Especially urban ones.

P
pdx89
back to earth and Beaverton lakes

back to earth and Beaverton lakes

Hey all lets keep this post not clogged, and free. that folks who want to ask a question or two about the 2 lakes could do that... dont get me wrong the subjects we are talking about are good... but they are for a whole new post. thanks

P
PDXKush
Agreed. I think unless any of you have fished the Los Angeles River you'd know that any lake or Pond in Oregon is 1000 Times cleaner. So enough of the worrying and get out there and Fish. GIT R DUN

G
Geko125
Stocking

Stocking

Has anyone heard if they are stocking the lake this week?

B
beaverfan
Yes it was confirmed stocked yesterday!

G
Geko125
Man, I was there this morning, and debated if I want to to check it out for an hour before work. But decided not to with the rain starting, Im think Friday

M
michaelkim9582
wait.......they stocked it again?

B
beaverfan
Ya I guess so, I hadn't been paying any attention but then saw this post and called. It was listed as confirmed stocked on Monday.