Commonwealth Lake Fishing

A
Anyfishisfine
PDXKush said:
I was there from 9 till 1pm. Missed all the fishing :-(.

Go back!

B
beaverfan
You must have left just before the truck got there. I was over by the damn when the truck arrived and went over near it to watch the fishies get poured into the pond. They try so dang hard to swim back into the tube they came out of. lol

N
Noahk
Man, I like to catch fish as much as the next guy but I prefer to not have my fellow anglers sitting on my lap.

B
beaverfan
I'm glad you feel that way, now leave this thread for the people who don't mind going there to fish!

P
PDXKush
I thought the lake was quite magical. Beautiful Mallards and some interesting geese. I was happy with my day @ the lake either way. If I had a lake like that in my backyard I'd feel pretty lucky...as for crowds...Not my cup of tea. But whatever floats yer hovercraft I say :)

M
michaelkim9582
ill definatly be heading there tomorow after school, if not for sure one saturday, for a whole day of fishing. how big were the fish you guys caught?

B
beaverfan
Aside from days directly following when they stock it there is seldom a crowd there unless it's a sunny weekend. You will get a few locals during the day and a few guys stopping by after work. There are many many great fishing spots there where you can usually get away from most of the people. I started this thread for people that enjoy fishing there. Not the people that don't want to go there because the water is dirty or there are too many people.

N
Noahk
beaverfan said:
I'm glad you feel that way, now leave this thread for the people who don't mind going there to fish!
I like going there to fish as well, I just don't like it when I'm trying to work a lure and people crowd in on either side so I have no where to cast.

A
Anyfishisfine
beaverfan said:
I was over by the damn when the truck arrived and went over near it to watch the fishies get poured into the pond.

Yeah, so I was standing right next you then, but just didn't know who you were. You weren't the guy I passed who was fishing at the outlet as I was leaving? That's the only person I can think of that meets your description of yourself. But I was too busy too really pay attention, it was pretty fast and furious action.

Last edited:
B
beaverfan
michaelkim9582 said:
ill definatly be heading there tomorow after school, if not for sure one saturday, for a whole day of fishing. how big were the fish you guys caught?

Great there will be plenty of fish for ya! I was actually impressed with the size. They weren't big by any standards but compared to the usual barely 8 inches most of the one's I caught were easily 10-11 inches and fat and feisty. Really fought good.

B
beaverfan
Noahk said:
I like going there to fish as well, I just don't like it when I'm trying to work a lure and people crowd in on either side so I have no where to cast.

Now that we can agree on! I hate inconsiderate fisherman. And I will concede there are several of them that frequent Commonwealth.

M
michaelkim9582
Ill be headin here in half an hour, wish me luck!

P
pdx89
beaverfan said:
Well I'm not going, I just got off the phone with ODFW and they said it probably won't be stocked today. I will call back later once they post the confirmed stockings for the day and if by chance it was stocked I will head out this evening. They said it would most likely be tomorrow.

i noticed they usually stock lakes/ponds in the morning or early evening.... never seen or heard them stocking it later in the afternoon

B
beaverfan
They did it yesterday at 1:30-2:00

P
pdx89
Thanks Beaverfan:)
yea im figuring they dont go much later tthan that when stocking trout...
i like spinner fishing for them when the get just stocked:cool::D

B
beaverfan
ya it seems from calling so much that I have noticed that many days they are done by noon.

M
michaelkim9582
great fishing!!! very crowded at least 30 people fishing(not an exageration) Seemed like everyone caught there limit and went home. I would think at least a couple hundred trout were taken yesterday. The bite was at around 4-8. which is probably when they were fed in the hatchery as they feed on a schedule. Goin back today to try some spinners. I think I was the only one catching and releasing:confused:

P
PDXKush
I think at a place like that, unless I pull at least a 12 incher I would C & R. Just my opinion.

P
pdx89
man i just want to catch a big one:shock::D:lol:
those little fellas are fun, but then they get boring ...

p.s. i was told that the trout that just got dumped keep having by the bank for a few days after release, so that sometimes caught me fish..

M
michaelkim9582
out of all the people that fish there only a select few are C & R ing. and the fact that the minimum length is only 8 inches doesn't help either. Went there again, and the fishing is great. caught 5 and released 4. One was hooked in the stomach. poor thing.:(