Clackamas @ Riverside/Summer STEEL

F
FishSchooler
It's an invasive species that eats salmon and steelhead smolts. There are tons of them around, almost every river. Suckers are also very annoying. AA says carpets cause there is a layer of them!
 
A
ArcticAmoeba
I take that back...That the were not Suckers...They could have been, but I bet you they were the resident carp that now number in the low teens. They just mill about Riverside, and don't really go above that riffle that is there. I would not fish High Rocks, purely because, now that the Lifegaurds are gone, the meth dealers, once again call it home. It just gets a bad crowd, and on top of the fact that there are still people swimming in the Clack. The bite is pretty dead right now, as most of the 'Hos kept thus far, have been snagged. Wait a week or so, I bet it will pick up as the weather changes. Been catching my fair share of Jacks though...When a squad of 'em are in the river anyways. The best chance to get a Coho right now in the Clackamas, is up a bit higher. Carver on up to the mouth of E.C. seem to be where the fish get their bites back after making it through the minefield of snaggers, and plugs, not to mention the two B's...Bait, and BlueFoxes below Riverside Park. The fish are so conditioned before they get up to the creek, and they will take work to target, and sucessfully bonk, but that is all the more reason for me to fish. I like the chase, and the fight.
 
B
bigdog
ArcticAmoeba said:
I take that back...That the were not Suckers...They could have been, but I bet you they were the resident carp that now number in the low teens. They just mill about Riverside, and don't really go above that riffle that is there. I would not fish High Rocks, purely because, now that the Lifegaurds are gone, the meth dealers, once again call it home. It just gets a bad crowd, and on top of the fact that there are still people swimming in the Clack. The bite is pretty dead right now, as most of the 'Hos kept thus far, have been snagged. Wait a week or so, I bet it will pick up as the weather changes. Been catching my fair share of Jacks though...When a squad of 'em are in the river anyways. The best chance to get a Coho right now in the Clackamas, is up a bit higher. Carver on up to the mouth of E.C. seem to be where the fish get their bites back after making it through the minefield of snaggers, and plugs, not to mention the two B's...Bait, and BlueFoxes below Riverside Park. The fish are so conditioned before they get up to the creek, and they will take work to target, and sucessfully bonk, but that is all the more reason for me to fish. I like the chase, and the fight.


but if they are closing samon on the 16 how can ya fish for them in a couple of weeks
 
O
osmosis
go to ODFW's site and read the regulations.

The COLUMBIA CHINOOK closes on the 16th. CHINOOK season is closing - coho are still open to retention after the 16th in the columbia.

Plus, The clackamas is open year round. and that is where AA is talking about


ALl of this is very available to the public from ODFW I'm suprised how few people pay attention.
 
Last edited:
A
ArcticAmoeba
Yes, as this is a thread about the Clackamas. I was not referring to the Columbia. In the Reg. books, just look at what zone you fish in, and find the river you want, then look down the left side, and read the specifics pertaining to what stretch you are going to target fish on. It will list things, such as fishing deadlines, retention dates, and retention limits as well.
 
B
bigdog
osmosis said:
go to ODFW's site and read the regulations.

The COLUMBIA CHINOOK closes on the 16th. CHINOOK season is closing - coho are still open to retention after the 16th in the columbia.

Plus, The clackamas is open year round. and that is where AA is talking about


ALl of this is very available to the public from ODFW I'm suprised how few people pay attention.


Well I have read it and more then once sorry but its like german to me don't make to much sence but now that you say clack is open year round that was my biggest thing thats where I like to go anyways I don't like the columbia to much. Like I said to could go to school and learn all this (if they had a school for it) and then when done they would just change it anyways but thanks for the clack info that helps a lot. To bad we all couldn't understand what the sight is saying but then wouldn't be able to make you feel so much smarter then.
 
L
luv2fish
I agree big dog.....most of the regulations are easy to understand...if your already a fisheman..but for somebody who's new to steelhead salmon thing, it can be quite a while..your doing right thing...talkin to fellow fisherman...thats actually more helpful ...and thats what i use to do when i was a newbie.....and thats what this forum is about....if everybody knows what and where to do.....i guess there won't be any need of fishing forum...isn't it....
 
F
Fishtopher
I disagree..."if everyone knows what and where to do", then everyone would be posting their pics on the fishing forum!!:dance:
 
B
bigdog
Fishtopher said:
I disagree..."if everyone knows what and where to do", then everyone would be posting their pics on the fishing forum!!:dance:

yeah and believe me you will see one of me on here soon holding one with a big smile:D
 

Similar threads

bass
Replies
3
Views
483
bass
bass
bass
Replies
8
Views
1K
bass
bass
M
Replies
5
Views
2K
NKlamerus
NKlamerus
bass
Replies
7
Views
1K
Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
bass
Replies
2
Views
1K
bass
bass
Top Bottom