Cherry popped for the misses!!

B
bigboy70
So last night deciding where we wanted to fish told her a plan and also said tomorrow is gonna be good. Upon arriving at the river around 9 go to the spot I have in mind and damn someone is there but notice 3 things 1. using bait 2. too much lead 3. not covering water so I noted that. So we head up to the next hole and mess around as im waiting for the bait fishermen to leave........stealth ninja nope hes still there finally after what seemed forever he left and I hollered to Josie lets go.

I was in process of rigging a spoon and having a 17lb bumper thought dang maybe this big line will scare the fish so I tied a barrel swivel on then a leader with 10lb. Ask Josie well you ready to catch your first steelhead her response was hell yea, she starts working the hole with a jig. I double check the rod to make sure everything was good knots and what not. Casting out in my grid pattern third cast line stops I see it twitch and Wham got hit by a freight train! SET THE HOOK! I yell FISH!!!!! She looks and says NO WA....... ( at this point the chrome rocket had launched) So I work her in and see my spoon and think WAIT Josie here and that's when the magic happened got to hand the rod off to her zzzzZZZZZZzzzzzz oh s*** :yikes:jump jump zzzzzzzzz jump jump.....holy crap is it still there YUP Keep reeling!

The look of amazement as she felt the power of the fish as it took two more runs and me spooking the fish cause I knew it wasn't done hit the bank time for the third time and I watched and not a lot of spunk left grabbed by the tail got on the bank ( was thinking don't do anything stupid) pinned it and went Ed Fast on it gave her a 1-2 and finger hooked threw the gills still with the spoon in her beak I got it far away from the water finished the deed and Josie OFFically became a STEELHEADER!!! couldnt be prouder!:D plus I hooked one on a spoon finally!

I love catching fish but seeing the joy and excitement in a someone else catch a fish priceless!

Also after 30 mins we had to leave so I gut the fish and dude below me has on one and I go about cleaning. I finish up and wonder if he lost it so I ran down there just in time for him to get close enough I asked as I flew by him want me to tail it he YES PLEASE hurry was an older gentlemen landed a nice 30 -34" colored buck for him and walked it up the bank gave it a bonk and left.

WARNING EYE PROTECTION REQUIRED!!

Reactions: eugene1
B
bigboy70
uploadfromtaptalk1403387394385.jpg

E
eugene1
Good work, bigboy! Glad you got the lady into one!

I saw the pic but it disappeared, might want to upload it again?

Best,

B
bigboy70
yea had technical difficulty but new pic is up!

E
eugene1
ha- looks good, buddy.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Awesome job you two! :peace:

D
dozer365
Way to get it done with the lady and on a SPOON!!! Nice fish to boot. Man looks like u got some mojo working. Better keep it up.

S
sapo
Niiice!!!! You're having better luck than me!

M
mikeee2362
Niiiiice!

C
ChezJfrey
sapo said:
Niiice!!!! You're having better luck than me!

Due to being a pupil of the spoon sith lord, LOL ;)

H
Hawk
Well Done y'all.....:):thumb:

D
DrTheopolis
Bigboy and Josie are both one of us now.

Women get the addiction worse than men, BTW, so prepare to fish a lot.

B
bigboy70
Thanks everyone!
Dozer- idk about good mojo only got 3 this month so far but lets hope lol and there was one major thing I changed on the water and can't argue wot results.

Chez- yes my Lord indeed you taught me well.

Doc- yes suddenly shes wanting to tie jigs and getting more into and fish a lot already do that.

Like i mentioned there was one big change I made and obviously worked ans if ya ain't part of the herd well sorry you'll figure it out lol!

Thanks again everyone sorry for slacking!

H
halibuthitman
Ok, im gonna admit that if you have had 4 jameson sevens... You could take the thread title waaaaaaay wrong.. Just sayin

E
eugene1
Either way, it's all good HHM!

halibuthitman said:
Ok, im gonna admit that if you have had 4 jameson sevens... You could take the thread title waaaaaaay wrong.. Just sayin