Catch and Release? or Take home and eat your trophy?

Catch and Release? or Take home and eat your trophy?

• Total voters
F
fisherwilly
Let the pre-spawners spawn and then catch them top water later in the summer and eat them. HaHa.

C
colbypearson
throw them on the bank and beat them with sticks, bass are no better than carp..

M
Markcanby
colbypearson said:
no im on the phone talking about something thats a lot better use of my time..... :)

but bass definitely arent in the same group as Asian carp or snakehead....

Last time I checked we had no confirmed reports of either of those.

C
colbypearson
Markcanby said:
Last time I checked we had no confirmed reports of either of those.

invasive species for the US not oregon, yet... thats what i consider invasive....

T
tomriker
club them all!

N
n8r1
Where is the "throw the bass in a bucket, cut them into strips, and use for crab bait" option?

T
tomriker
n8r1 said:
Where is the "throw the bass in a bucket, cut them into strips, and use for crab bait" option?

good idea, i didn't even think about that!

Reactions: n8r1
O
OnTheFly
Reactions: Markcanby and beaverfan
brandon4455
brandon4455
aww man i got bad rep! D: sorry i like to release fish LOL.

L
lilsalmon
Markcanby said:
I just want to know where are the Invasive nuts are on this one? Shouldn't we be throwing them on the back beating them with sticks like the carp?

I think you meant to say throwing them on the bank and beating them with sticks. All joking aside, I am a trout person but when I seen TTFishon get that bass it was pretty exciting......I would never throw them on the bank and beat them. I am still determined to get one on my fly rod, given the chance...hint hint......C&R, btw

Reactions: Markcanby
L
lilsalmon
brandon4455 said:
aww man i got bad rep! D: sorry i like to release fish LOL.

yellow doesn't mean bad rep......;)

B
Bad Tuna
I would classify invasive as any species, not native that harms or adversely affects a native population. IE small mouth in the Umpqua or John Day. I kill every non native fish that i legally can, in waters where native salmon, trout or steelhead reside. My opinion is they don't belong there. If it's just a farm pond, I only kill what I will eat.

C
colbypearson
This is so incredibly stupid............ i get a wierd feeling this was discussed once or twice or a dozen times before.

Last edited:
F
Finneus Polebender
CPR all the way Some areas /resivoirs here in the valley are already the way it should be all bass over 15 " should be returned :clap::clap::clap::clap:

B
bigsteel
I am a trout fishermen,and its catch and release for me,,,i never understood the fill your stringer mentality..besides i like to catch fat healthy wild fish,i dont like my money going to pay for hot dog sized trout to be brought in by a vacuum truck..

B
Bad Tuna
I don't see any wrong answers here. Just personal opinions. there is a huge difference in killing a native steelhead vs bass. I don't know of any waters over populated with salmon. Do what you think is right, but do it logically, not emotionally.

Reactions: Throbbit _Shane
brandon4455
brandon4455
lilsalmon said:
yellow doesn't mean bad rep......;)

i looked at my rep points on setting and the rep thing someone gave me was grey.

Reactions: TTFishon
T
Throbbit _Shane
Bad Tuna said:
I don't see any wrong answers here. Just personal opinions. there is a huge difference in killing a native steelhead vs bass. I don't know of any waters over populated with salmon. Do what you think is right, but do it logically, not emotionally.

Let me guess the huge difference. native steelhead taste waaay better then a muddy bass. legal ones that is :D

M
Markcanby
The point is that what is in a a pond will end up in a river an then a lake an so on. If you advocate banking one invasive species then you must bank them all. Just because you like to catch one over another shouldnt sway any killing.

Im pretty sure more smolt are eaten by bass than carp.

C
colbypearson
Markcanby said:
The point is that what is in a a pond will end up in a river an then a lake an so on. If you advocate banking one invasive species then you must bank them all. Just because you like to catch one over another shouldnt sway any killing.

Im pretty sure more smolt are eaten by bass than carp.

the only way its gonna get there is if some idiot puts it there, natural flooding etc... or its carried by a bird.... bass have been around for a really long time and relative to other invasive species asian car, snakehead of all species and so on, bass do WAY less damage to fisheries and the local economy in the places they got introduced into. "If you advocate banking one invasive species then you must bank them all. Just because you like to catch one over another shouldnt sway any killing. " thats stupid... bass show value as a sportfish, in the economy, and for future generations to enjoy so do carp in some places but rarely are carp harvested or even fished for so they over pupulate and eventually in some situations take over, just because you kill a few carp doesn't mean you should kill an equal amount of bass theres limits on bass because they are a VALUABLE game fish and in most places bass occupy pose no threat to any river run species because most places they are at have no salmon smolts, or native rainbows or anything for that matter all the bass are gonna eat in the places such as ponds and lakes is an occasional stocked trout, and a slim chance at a native fish since our lakes and streams are so diluted of anything natural like native rainbows its like bigsteel said those are the hot dog sized trucked in fish witch almost all die in shallow warm lakes bass really thrive in anyways.... river systems are a totally different issue witch is up for debate but im not gonna get into it because i rarely fish them for bass and i understand they dont belong there....

BASS- The *INVASIVE* fish that the state recognizes as a GAME-FISH and sets STRICT limits on and even SLOT LIMITS for spawning size fish in some reservoirs known for their trout fishing, how about restoring lost creek lake's bass fishery??? lost creek is a well known trout fishery that is fed by and drains into the rogue, Makes tons of sense doesn't it .....

Last edited: