Carp: The facts

M
Markcanby
Oh an one of these days OTF I will get you to listen to that 2hr radio fishing show I got on carp fishing.(Someday somehow:lol::shock::lol:)

O
OnTheFly
Markcanby said:
I have no idea where I stand in OTF's mind when it comes to Carp fishing. I mean I have caught carp, I have never fished for carp, but if Montana ask me to go with him on the same day Eggs ask me to hit the Sandy for steel:confused: It would be a tough choice.

My thought is that carp are here to stay might as well get over an have some fun with them.

Ya know, I'm still reel'n from these Margs and it's like a snake strike for me to respond to carp posts 'cause it's a heckovalata fun.

Mark, every post you've made here has been pro carp. What do you mean by saying you have caught a carp but never fished for one.:think::lol: I can only assume that your fishing method involved a pitchfork and not a fishing rod.:lol: And then you admit to having to ask yourself what to fish for on a given day Carp or Steelhead. Sounds like you swing both ways!:lol:;)

K
kaimuki49
WHOOOOO DAT WAS SERIOUSLY FUNNY !!!! he "swings both ways"!! what wordsmiths we have here. tommy kai

M
Markcanby
OnTheFly said:
Ya know, I'm still reel'n from these Margs and it's like a snake strike for me to respond to carp posts 'cause it's a heckovalata fun.

Mark, every post you've made here has been pro carp. What do you mean by saying you have caught a carp but never fished for one.:think::lol: I can only assume that your fishing method involved a pitchfork and not a fishing rod.:lol: And then you admit to having to ask yourself what to fish for on a given day Carp or Steelhead. Sounds like you swing both ways!:lol:;)

You know what I mean.:lol: Also when it comes to swinging yes I do!:shock:! I swing Drys an I swing Wets hell sometimes I will even swing a Crystal Woolly Bugger.:clap::lol::clap: Oh I hear those work great for Carp!:lol::think::think:

O
OnTheFly
Markcanby said:
You know what I mean.:lol: Also when it comes to swinging yes I do!:shock:! I swing Drys an I swing Wets hell sometimes I will even swing a Crystal Woolly Bugger.:clap::lol::clap: Oh I hear those work great for Carp!:lol::think::think:

:lol::clap:.
Yeah, about those crystal buggers, that's what I'm afraid of.

K
kaimuki49
Markcanby said:
No it is public just not a lot of access. On the north end there is a road that runs past the dam. It is the only place I know you can park a get to the water. There is about 300yds of bank there

markcanby - there r other warm water fish there also i assume, rt? thanks. t

M
Markcanby
kaimuki49 said:
markcanby - there r other warm water fish there also i assume, rt? thanks. t

Yeah it has all the warm water stuff.

K
kaimuki49
i have been reading all the posts here on record about carp fishing - very impressive. seems like meticulous, careful, patient and clever techniques are required for any success. i can see why some folks r attracted to the challenge of carp fishing. great report posts here. t b k k