Carp: The facts

K
kaimuki49
well ya that's ambien Zen, but mixed with xanax you could be found in a bar in another state and not know it. just depends how deep u want to go.

F
Fishtopher
OnTheFly said:
lol' A bread ball is a bread ball but if someone's going to use marshmellows for trout they gotta be pink and garlic scented. And thanks for thowing me under the bus Mark!:lol:;)
How did I know it was YOU that he was talkin' about.... :D

kaimuki49 said:
well ya that's ambien Zen, but mixed with xanax you could be found in a bar in another state and not know it. just depends how deep u want to go.
+1

Raincatcher said:
:naughty::naughty:

I knew that was coming!...

O
OnTheFly
Markcanby said:
I have to agree.I can't see where people think that eating corn or dough make carp stupid. I mean OTF has no problem fishing for slimy trout with a fly an people fish marshmallows for them.

Fishtopher said:

Gee I dunno Chris.:D

F
Fishtopher
eggs said:
Sorry you ran out of xanax, i get prescribed more then i know what to do with, you should chat with your doctor.

I kill and toss every n.pikeminnow, carp, bass, walleye, etc that I accidently catch while fishing for trout or steelhead on the bank until i am done fishing then toss them back in the water to feed other fish..

I do the same thing minus the waste. Usually plenty of hungry mouths frequent the spots I fish for them other fish. In the summer at Riverside there is a couple that kinda stay down there that eat up every egg sucking P Min I drag back to 'em. And down at Bum Rock at the East Bank Esplenade, mouths water for the Carp and Yellow Belly/Channel Cats. Nice to put 'em to SOME use! a lot of these "other" fish make fantastic Sturgeon bait too.
I need the number to your doc!

F
Fishtopher
K
kaimuki49
when raincatcher posts the fingers waving, that is a warning??

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
kaimuki49 said:
when raincatcher posts the fingers waving, that is a warning??

Only to other mods.

F
Fishtopher
This deserves its own thread;

Raincatcher: The facts.....

B
bigsteel
OnTheFly said:
Fishtopher said:

Gee I dunno Chris.:D

hes just trying to get a rise out of you jim,,,he already said in another thread that hes done coming to OFF and we could catch him on SSSF and that lasted about a day

F
Fishtopher
Post deleted (and it was a good one too...I know a few of ya got to enjoy it before I clipped it!) to protect the integrity of OFF. What's left of it after this thread....

bigsteel, it's too bad Cake isn't around anymore. He'd have one word for ya. Anyone been around long enough to know what Cake would have to say?:think:

Last edited:
K
kaimuki49
JUST when I think I am "getting" things here, I lose my foot hold and tumble down into the abyss. Is there too much ambien and xanax being circulated that I dont know about? Are these posts encripted for security reasons and I dont have the code?

To top this depressing day off, barb wrote me and scolded me because I used a lot of "!!!!!!!!!s" in a post and warned me sternly about the fact that I wanted to buy people's junk fish for crab bait - in some people's minds a violation of the F&G regulations.

I only go to 2 places in town, the feed store and the bar. The feed store is closed, and I am headin for town. Not to fear tho, as the Johnny Cash song says I "dont take my guns to town"! (aha! I used a "!")

F
Fishtopher
kaimuki49 said:
JUST when I think I am "getting" things here, I lose my foot hold and tumble down into the abyss. Is there too much ambien and xanax being circulated that I dont know about? Are these posts encripted for security reasons and I dont have the code?

To top this depressing day off, barb wrote me and scolded me because I used a lot of "!!!!!!!!!s" in a post and warned me sternly about the fact that I wanted to buy people's junk fish for crab bait - in some people's minds a violation of the F&G regulations.

I only go to 2 places in town, the feed store and the bar. The feed store is closed, and I am headin for town. Not to fear tho, as the Johnny Cash song says I "dont take my guns to town"! (aha! I used a "!")

Sorry man. My heads been on backwards and upside down lately. I apologize you had to bear witness to my corrupt mind...

D
Drew9870
Fishtopher said:
bigsteel, it's too bad Cake isn't around anymore. He'd have one word for ya. Anyone been around long enough to know what Cake would have to say?:think:

He would of said, ''kill and eat, kill and eat, it's the way of the buckethead"

or ''Put your bucket back on your head and go pig fishin some more''

:lol: I thought fishing was a sport, not a way to panhandle for food.

Last edited:
F
Fishtopher
Drew9870 said:
He would of said, ''kill and eat, kill and eat, it's the way of the buckethead"

or ''Put your bucket back on your head and go pig fishin some more''

:lol: I thought fishing was a sport, not a way to panhandle for food.

:lol::clap:

L
lilsalmon
bigsteel, it's too bad Cake isn't around anymore. He'd have one word for ya. Anyone been around long enough to know what Cake would have to say?:think:[/QUOTE]

I dunno.....eat me? I couldn't resist!!!! :lol:

F
Fishtopher
lilsalmon said:
I dunno.....eat me? I couldn't resist!!!! :lol:

With a name like Cake that's what you'd think right! But waaaaay OFF!!:lol:

O
OnTheFly
Regarding thread Carp: The facts

Regarding thread Carp: The facts

Just wanted to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread. You have made it a 1 STAR rating!:clap::clap::clap: It deserved much less.:D:lol:

My intention from the begining was to give the carp guys a chance to speak out and to build a case in defence against the ridicule that carp fishing receives. I believe I have been successful. Out of this thread we have eliminated the myths, agreed and disagreed on a number of issues, learned how to fish for them, and convinced the administrator the need to create a carp forum of it's own. We have also identified a few OFF members who are experienced in this fishery that could help, not only the beginner, but someone who has done this for awhile. Names that come to mind are: John Montana, Drew, and maybe Graphite Zen and Markcanby.(I might be wrong about the last two mentioned:lol:) As for me, I am a true carpophobe. I will never go after a carp because of how they remind me so much of a sucker. The Kern River in California is the blame for my personal feelings about this. They had to kill the river to control suckers along with every rainbow trout in the system. A carp to me is nothing but a sucker on steroids. For all of you carp fishermen I'm sorry. I respect your desire to target carp and I'm sure they stretch your tackle when hooked. I hope no one has taken offence to my jabs on the subject but I'm the kinda guy who likes to laugh and have fun.:)

(Tonights Margaritas may have had an effect on my post)

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
You are definitely wrong about the last two mentioned (at least the second from last)!!!

O
OnTheFly
GraphiteZen said:
You are definitely wrong about the last two mentioned (at least the second from last)!!!
OMG!!! '3' STARS NOW?!!!!! Like I said, I like to laugh and have fun. How 'bout it Mark? Care to chime in on this one? (why isn't there a smilely that laughs while holding it's belly?)

Last edited:
M
Markcanby
I have no idea where I stand in OTF's mind when it comes to Carp fishing. I mean I have caught carp, I have never fished for carp, but if Montana ask me to go with him on the same day Eggs ask me to hit the Sandy for steel:confused: It would be a tough choice.

My thought is that carp are here to stay might as well get over an have some fun with them.