Can i night crabbing at Newport?

B
brain1704
i did at Tillamook last saturday . How about Newport, i want to go crabbing in Newport at night, can i ?

G
grampa ron
I don't think there is any reason not to. If you have a boat you can fish at night also.

T
troutmasta
brain1704 said:
i did at Tillamook last saturday . How about Newport, i want to go crabbing in Newport at night, can i ?

You can crab at night. Sometimes its best.

O
osmosis
Just remember your NAV lights and go put a whoopin on 'em.

W
waco
So is it really better at night?

T
troutmasta
waco said:
So is it really better at night?

The last 2 Times I went crabbing at night was just off the pier in Newport and we got limits on Dungeness. Maybe it's just cause there's a lot less people more crab per bait

T
TJR_84
I got my limit on the dock behind the Rouge couple weeks ago during the night!!Im with Troutmasta crabbing is better at night.

M
MikePierce170
Why was this posted in the Carp Fishing thread? :lol:

F
fishtales
brain1704 said:
The Newport lights are pretty neat at night especially with the bridge in the backround.. Kinda surreal on a clear night. I guess it could be done and might be romantic?? just saying

F
FishWhistle
Yes you can. It's been known to have 5-6 people rent a room across the street from a crabbing pier or across the walkway and crab in shifts. Sunday and Monday nights are the most popular because of the football games. You can watch your pots from a nice warm room with a brewskie and feet up in the air while someone else cooks dinner (crab of the day) What would it cost for six people to play cards and crab at the sametime. Oh! What a night! The tug is the Drug. FW p.s. make sure you tell the hotel clerk what ur gonna do, they have been know to accomadate. a little tip or crab gratuity might help. Just say'n FW