Cabezon near Willamette Falls?

N
nwflyingdutchman
Hey guys,

Does anyone know if cabezon could be capeable of living in the willemette up near the falls. I was down there yesterday and caught something about 9 inches long that sure looked like a cabezon. Any thoughts....could it be something else.

R
RunWithSasquatch
Im gonna have to say its all fresh water there, so personally, no Cabbies there.

N
nwflyingdutchman
Thats what I thought too. So the next question is, what type of fresh water fish could look similar to a cabezon?

S
Santiam338
I have heard of flounder caught up that high...

Did it look like this??

IMG_0216.png

W
wozniasm
Santiam338 said:

Did it look like this??

IMG_0216.png

Looking at your picture, that's the first thing I caught in the Willamette ate the mouth of the Clackamas when I first moved here 5 years ago...

M
Mad dog
Buffalo sculpin maybe?

D
Drew9870
Mottled Sculpin, Buffalo Sculpin are the Staghorns in the ocean. Cabezon are a Sculpin if I remember right.

F
Finneus Polebender
Was gonna say dont know the genus name or nothin but looks like a sculpin to me and a very large one like as big as they get type large cool lookin fish.

C
chrisohm
That is a very large sculpin in the picture! I have caught small ones, about 5" or so. Saturday doing some jetty fishing with my son produced my first buffalo scuplin. We caught 3 more of those and I hooked a sun star... Did someone say flounder near the falls? What? Next thing we get is bull sharks in the Columbia...

W
waco
Santiam338 said:

Did it look like this??

IMG_0216.png
what kind of fish is that I caught one once at eagle creek

D
Drew9870
Mottled Sculpin

N
nwflyingdutchman
Santiam338 said:

Did it look like this??

IMG_0216.png

yeah, that is pretty much it. interesting.