Brookings Ocean Fishing

S
smallyfish
Diehard said:
sand shrimp drifted or plunked for sure i think jigs and clam necks work to good luck

That's exactly what I want to tell.

C
colbypearson
i have done good casting big 5+" grubs on 1/2-1.5 ounce jig heads and swimbaits too like the calcutta something i forget the name theyre like 5 or 6" and also work thats just what i have used i dont do it much but when i do i normally get some :) good luck dude!

B
bythesea
6 inch GULP saltwater grub (pink shine) on a 1 oz jig head,"net em fast don"t let em trash" their teeth will cut right through your line.Good Luck.

E
eat, sleep, fish
Back in February my girlfriend and I went out with Tidewind Charters for some bottom fishing. With the recent tsunami having a pretty big affect on Brookings I was searching through some videos and stumbled across one that shows their largest charter boat, the Super Star, being ripped out to sea.

Its pretty amazing to see the force of the tsunami in action, especially when it hits so close to home. I also haven't heard any information on whether or not they recovered the boat, as they haven't updated their website.

As far as the fishing goes, overall it was pretty slow back in mid February, but there were quite a few lingcod in the mix. My girlfriend also caught a really nice black.

S7301122.jpg

If the ocean lays down at all look for the fishing to be on fire, especially for some nice lings. Also, if you'd like to check out the whole story check out my blog in my signature.

A
Amberjack
I hope they recovered the vessel with no damage. Lots of $$$ might be involved to repair. Sad to see it go out to sea.

T
thebigdog00s
Yes they did recover it. There was a boat that had crossed the bar before the tsunami came in that was able to toss a hook over and snag her before she got too far out. They held her until the guys from tidewinds were able to get on one of their others and bring it in. From what I've heard, the tsunami destroyed their dock and one of their boats has a significant below the waterline leak so its dry docked at the moment. The Super Star crossed the bar with no issues and only had minor damage, Unlike that sailboat...

E
eat, sleep, fish
That's good to hear. Thanks for the info.