Bowling alley hole

B
bigdog
fishy4 said:
im going out on the willamette tommorow. in a boat pulling plugs. anyone have any suggestions. i have caught a few down by the cedar creek launch but would it be better up by meldrum or the mouth?

I would think at the mouth of the clack would be good but I never get to boat fish so really couldn't.

kirkster
kirkster
Trolling tips

Trolling tips

fishy4 said:
im going out on the willamette tommorow. in a boat pulling plugs. anyone have any suggestions. i have caught a few down by the cedar creek launch but would it be better up by meldrum or the mouth?

When trolling at the mouth of the clack. wiggle warts,or spinners close to the bottom when trolling the wiggle warts troll them very fast. Around double the speed you would normally would and make sure they are in perfect tune.

T
Troutcatcher
Were the fish biteing this morning at the bowling alley?

M
Mike123
Troutcatcher said:

I'm sure hooks were biting the fish.. :rolleyes::lol:

F
Fishtopher
Troutcatcher said:

Fish bite every morning at the Bowling Alley:lol::lol:

Catching has been kinda slow the last 4-5 days from what Ive heard, but IDK, I havent fished it in 10 days.

B
bigdog
Fishtopher said:
Fish bite every morning at the Bowling Alley:lol::lol:

Catching has been kinda slow the last 4-5 days from what Ive heard, but IDK, I havent fished it in 10 days.

It was hot this morning but ended about as fast as it started think there was around twenty hook ups and saw more then ten banked. I know that isn't really hot for there but it was better then what has been going on.

F
fishy4
Thank you kirkster. i went out yesterday saw a lot of fish around but only one take down all day fish got OFF within a few second of it being on. what speed should i be going with wiggle warts. i try to vary the speed but havent tried real fast. thnx

T
tnffishman
I guess the bowling alley was hot this morning. My father went down late and said the bite was on when he got there, and still on when he left(my question is:WHY DID HE LEAVE???) He ended up landing 4, hooking 7 and only one was missin da' fin. He said it took him all the way to dahl beach. His buddy ended up with two keepers and 5 on. Wish I coulda been there, I think the fish are sensing the storm a' comin.

kirkster
kirkster
fishy4 said:
Thank you kirkster. i went out yesterday saw a lot of fish around but only one take down all day fish got OFF within a few second of it being on. what speed should i be going with wiggle warts. i try to vary the speed but havent tried real fast. thnx

Fish your wiggle warts as fast as you dare twice as fast as you normaly would. Its the only way Ive ever ticked off a coho in that area and when they get ticked they hit with bad intentions.

H
help
I myself fished that hole three times in the past week and nothing landed. I did get a few large slams, but nothing that stayed on. Oh yeah, I did manage to land a sucker looking fish. What are the odds of that while drift fishing.

H
HANKIII
Hows the hole doing ? Any fish left

M
mainman
im thinking of heading out ther tommorow or the next day hows the fishing been

M
mainman
im thinking of heading out there tommorow or the next day how has the fishing been

O
osmosis
last time I went past there, there was only one guy down there at high tide.. I take that as a sign that it's been pretty bad for the last week or more.

V
VagrantAngler
It'll pick up again all over the Clack starting tomorrow with the rain. The Clackamas is supposed to go up about half a foot. Be nice to have some color to the water:D

L
luv2fish
Agree with Vagrant

T
Troutcatcher
There are fish going by but not biting.

B
bigdog
I don't know I kind of like the way the water is right now. Might have to work a little harder to get in to some fish but when you can see what the fish does when your stuff passes by them kind of cool I think. Helps you decide what you should do different. But the rain will help bring some more fish in so I guess that is a good thing though.