Bowling alley hole

T
Troutcatcher
fishy4 said:
so mi just got back and like everyones saying everyone but me caught a fish. saw some hogs caught today while i was using the sme equipment. my question now is what area should i have been at? i was down on the same bank but away from the crowd. is there more fish in the part where the run begins?

Damit you posted a second before me.:lol:

F
fishy4
hahah yep what timing

T
Troutcatcher
fishy4 said:
hahah yep what timing

So what rig did ya use, let me gues, corky drift rig?

F
fishy4
yeah about the same as everyone else. i can't tell the diffrence between a fish bite and a rock bump. lol i felt dumb

T
Troutcatcher
fishy4 said:
yeah about the same as everyone else. i can't tell the diffrence between a fish bite and a rock bump. lol i felt dumb

Ya that curent in that hole is to fast. What did the people that cuaght fish use, im guesing eggs or corkie.:)

F
fishy4
i dont know i think a mix of both. i was surpirsed to see no one there with a net in hand. so im guessing i should have been up amongst the crowd cause i was one of the only ones down as far as i was

F
fishy4
what size hooks should i be using? mine may have been to big....?

T
Troutcatcher
fishy4 said:
i dont know i think a mix of both. i was surpirsed to see no one there with a net in hand. so im guessing i should have been up amongst the crowd cause i was one of the only ones down as far as i was

I rarelly see people with nets down there but it would help if you hooked into a Hog. How many fish were cuaght today when you were there.

T
Troutcatcher
fishy4 said:
what size hooks should i be using? mine may have been to big....?

Small hooks are always good, but not to small, If you use to big of a hook the fish wouldent want to bit. Id recomend a size 4 or smaller when drifting corkies.

Last edited:
F
fishy4
ok cool. i think i saw maybe 6 fish landed in the 3 hours i was there. with one that got away a guy chased down to the bride that was pushing 15 lbs

T
Troutcatcher
fishy4 said:
ok cool. i think i saw maybe 6 fish landed in the 3 hours i was there. with one that got away a guy chased down to the bride that was pushing 15 lbs

Do you know what he was using, Sometimes when everyone is catching fish and you not its good to use what other people around you are using, like the same coler of corkie ,ect. What coler was everone mostly using bright colers are always good like pink, orenge, green, blue.

V
VagrantAngler
Troutcatcher said:
Small hooks are always good, but not to small, If you use to big of a hook the fish wouldent want to bit. Id recomend a size 4 or smaller when drifting corkies.

Size 4 is fine for steelhead, for salmon I'd step up in hook size. I use anywhere from a 2-1/0 depending on where I'm fishing.

T
Troutcatcher
VagrantAngler said:
Size 4 is fine for steelhead, for salmon I'd step up in hook size. I use anywhere from a 2-1/0 depending on where I'm fishing.

I use biger when i drift eggs ,but cokies no way.

V
VagrantAngler
To each their own brother. The only salmon I'll throw #4's at are Pinks and Sockeye.

F
Fishtopher
VagrantAngler said:
Ya that.

Im usin' size 2 Owner Needle Points right now. Switchin back to Cutting Points when these crappy things are gone.

fishy4, after feeling rock after rock for so long, you will know the difference when you feel "that rock that felt like a fish". Set the hook on that one next time.:)

F
FishSchooler
Fishtopher said:
fishy4, after feeling rock after rock for so long, you will know the difference when you feel "that rock that felt like a fish". Set the hook on that one next time.:)

And watch your line... if it stops or starts going upstream :dance:

F
fishy4
those are probably good indicators lol. thank you guys. and i was pitching a half green half orange corkie and hook and bright pink and bright red with red yarn

T
Troutcatcher
Anyone fish the bowling alley today?

B
bigdog
Troutcatcher said:
Anyone fish the bowling alley today?

I did this morning it was slow only saw six hook up while I was there. was there from darkthirty til about 830-9

F
fishy4
im going out on the willamette tommorow. in a boat pulling plugs. anyone have any suggestions. i have caught a few down by the cedar creek launch but would it be better up by meldrum or the mouth?