Boated 2 Steelies....

R
Rusty Stern
We had a nice float on Saturday 6-9. River was up around 5 and falling.
Drifted 1st bridge to 3 rivers.
Boated two hatchery steelies, but no chinook.

Missed a couple of bobber takedowns in the slower water, and released about 5 cutthroats.

Videos as PG13 for language, and rated S for stupidity....

Reactions: wozniasm
R
Rusty Stern
Second video...

S
Santiam338
Nicely done...We floated Farmers to Cloverdale concentrating on Springers...There seemed to be steelhead around,but springers were tough...Long fishless day for us...

I had the camera on the ready for video,but didn't get to use it...LOL

Congrats.

Reactions: wozniasm
R
RunWithSasquatch
Seemed to be a decent amount of summers in there... I think if thats what we would have been targeting would have been decent results...

Nice fish and video stern.

R
rippin fish lips
Nice chromers man. "That's some fillet and release shhht right there!" haha so funny lol.

On another note... a state trooper "harrassed" me because i threw my fishes guts in the river... He's like... "hey, where'd u catch that? i said "above this bridge.... on the far bank about 20-30 yards up." He was like, "okay".. Then i asked.. "did you want to see my tag?" he said... yes, i showed him, then he noticed a dried up clump of eggs next to me and asked what i was doing to catch it... told him i was fishing spoons... because i was.

Anyways... it looked like he was going to try and write me some paper for "fishing bait" in a no bait area, im Positive he was going to, some kids dad with a drifty had to speak up for me to tell the trooper that the (dried up crusty eggs) were there before i even got to the ramp to clean my fish! I didn't even catch it at the ramp.

If it wasn't for the kids dad.. he woulda wrote me a ticket im sure... But i would not have grabbed the ticket if he tried handing it to me because i did nothing wrong.

They are out there people.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Great fish and thx for the vids. Those were some nice fish.

C
colt
Nicely done! I am considering going steelhead fishing and trying my luck for some steelies. All depends on how some things around here go...