Blue Lake bank fishing

N
Noobfisher
Anyone on here have any recommendations for spots to fish from on the bank at blue lake?

troutdude
troutdude
Which one? There are 9, listed in Fishing in Oregon.

N
Noobfisher
Blue lake regional park. In fairview Oregon

N
NJOYTSNJOYTR
Any report on catching anything at Blue Lake? Thinking about making a trip out there tomorrow.

F
Fishpdx
I fished it last march when they stocked it, had luck on small tubes like for crappie, if your fishing powerbait, you need a big leader , there's lots of weeds and deep. I fished on the right side of the lake not far from park , near the rails. We had our limit in 30 mins, and then started catch and release.

troutdude
troutdude
Carp said:
We had our limit in 30 mins, and then started catch and release.

Umm...isn't it illegal to continue to fish, for the same specie, once you have already bagged your limit?

F
Fishpdx
troutdude said:
Umm...isn't it illegal to continue to fish, for the same specie, once you have already bagged your limit?

I'm not sure? I dont think so because I'm safely releasing them back.

P
pinstriper
General Restrictions

The Following Activities are Unlawful

yada yada yada

7. Continuing to angle for the same type of fish after catching and retaining a bag or possession limit. Exceptions:a.In bass tournaments when provided for in tournament regulations.b.When assisting a disabled angler who has an Oregon Disabilities Hunting and Fishing permit.c. When sturgeon angling, provided all subsequent fish are released.d.Boat limit regulation in the ocean and portions of the Columbia River (seepage 76)

Page 11.

troutdude
troutdude
"We had our limits, and then started catch n' release".

That statement made me think that, you kept your limit. THEN, you started releasing fish. If you did keep / retain a limit, and then kept fishing, that would be unlawful...per the notes that Pinstriper posted above.

P
pinstriper
Yeah, the reason they don't want you doing that is there is always that fish that takes the hook too deep and if you can't keep it is a senseless death.

One reason that I don't participate in C&R only fishing, although I do in fact catch and release fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk