Billy Chinook January 2016

C
CPLLEWIS
Heading out to Billy Chinook tomorrow to start my Kokanee season. Will provide updates.

T
twout
Good luck to you, I can't wait to get over there myself. Looking forward to hearing about your trip.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
yeah, can't wait to hear an early koke report...good luck.

C
CPLLEWIS

Hello All! Yesterday's Like trip went great. we caught two limits (5 each) before noon. We were trolling hoochies behind tsunami dodgers at 1.2 mph at a depth between 20' and 30'. the surface water temp was 45 °F and we were marking a lot of Kokanee around 50'. Pink and orange were the best colors followed by green.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
CPLLEWIS said:
Hello All! Yesterday's Like trip went great. we caught two limits (5 each) before noon. We were trolling hoochies behind tsunami dodgers at 1.2 mph at a depth between 20' and 30'. the surface water temp was 45 °F and we were marking a lot of Kokanee around 50'. Pink and orange were the best colors followed by green.

excellent, any size to them this early in the year?

T
twout
Thanks for the report Lewis, sounds encouraging.

C
CPLLEWIS
Yes. 3 out of the 10 Kokanee were close to 13 inches. The largest kokes I have pulled out of Billy Chinook.

C
CPLLEWIS

Another great day of Kokanee on Billy Chinook. A mirror image of Monday's trip.

W
WGS55
Hope to get out there in a couple of weeks when I get my boat back.

C
CPLLEWIS

good to hear. I was out again twice this weekend. Friday evening was red-hot but Saturday we couldn't get them to hit anything