Bilge pump antifreeze

Irishrover
Irishrover
So I feel just a little guilty about this but not really too much. I knew the very cold weather was on the way, that cold stuff that showed up here last week. That kind of weather can destroy washdown pumps and bilge pumps in a heartbeat. It seems you can never get all the water out and that little bit of water can mess up a pump and lines. I made a quick trip to Fred Meyers and bought 8 gallons of windshield wipper antifreeze and ran it through all my pumps. Now instead of a little water still in the system I have anti freeze in there. So why would having my boat set for extreme cold weather make me feel a little guilty.....because Dec 3rd my wife and I boarded a Hawaiian Airlines plane and spent the next 10 days in 83 degree weather and missed the whole cold snap thing. I just know the karma thing is going to come and get me for this, at least I could relax knowing I wasn't coming home to a bunch of broken pumps and lines!;)

O
OnTheFly
Retired guys drive me nuts. jk. Good call on the anti freeze precaution but did you remember to bring cocoa tanning butter with you to the islands?

Last edited:
H
halibuthitman
OnTheFly said:
Retired guys make drive me nuts. jk. Good call on the anti freeze precaution but did you remember to bring cocoa tanning butter with you to the islands?

Yeah.. Retired guys.. Sheesh

Irishrover
Irishrover
Just trying to help the work force.........by staying out of it.

O
OnTheFly
Irishrover said:
Just trying to help the work force.........by staying out of it.
Hahaha....that's funny! I can only imagine what that must be like.;)