Best bait for steelhead?

R
rippin fish lips
Spinners and thomas spoons. I have caught all my salmon on spinners and all me steelhead on thomas spoons. Still waitin to get one on a worm!

F
fishnquest
A bottle of Jack or whatever the guy wants that will show me how to catch the damn things!

kirkster
kirkster
Mad dog said:
Something different....usually fished different!

Good roe is hard to beat! But, it depends on what the fish are used to seeing!!!
this is so true what mad dog said. I have seen it happen time and time again. the one guy that shows up at 10:00 in the morning and theres already 30 guys fishing since daylight. and the late comer has something so far fetched tied on his line and hell first cast a fish. not because what he had is what they want its because its something totaly different then what they have been watching drift by over and over.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
I have been known to toss all sorts of weird things at them. Autofisher is always laughing when I get out my arsenal after getting bored with the usual gear. I do prefer jigs,though. That's what my one and only took.

R
rippin fish lips
rippin fish lips said:
Spinners and thomas spoons. I have caught all my salmon on spinners and all me steelhead on thomas spoons. Still waitin to get one on a worm!

Got a 28 inch steelhead today on a number 3 blue fox (orange body. copper blade)

L
loubob
All of the above, but I really like a #17 and #71 Brad's Wiggler!

B
Born2Fish55
wiserm said:
what works best for you guys and ladies? i prefer fly fishing. but my buddy wanted me to ask about best baits for steelhead.

Okay... no one has had the nerve to say it...

But I won't...

I won't...

The hell, I won't....

It's a 'rare earth' magnet!!!!

Just drop in down and 'bam'....

Fish on!!!

Just reel 'em in and slide the magnet off of those ol' Ironheads!!!

Sorry, they don't let me out to play too often...

I actually use floats with jigs... color/size according to time of day, water clarity, temperatures, etc.

But I catch 75% of my Steelies like this and the other 25% with Spinners like the Blue Fox.