bent rods,broken tips ,6-7ft prehistoric monsters

brandon4455
brandon4455
yikes..well i checked the regs posted on the pole at the launch that said c&r for sturgeon with barbless hooks is allowed, there was even a sheriff that saw us catchin them and didn't do anything either. so either the sheriff had no idea or there is somthing fishy going on here... ill take all the hate mail and posts calling me a bad angler now..bring em on :(

Last edited:
D
davidlee
brandon4455 said:
it said catch and release is still allowed on the odfw page.. if you want to argue with me about it you can go ahead. there was a sheriff checking people and he had no problem with it... and if it was against the law im pretty sure he would have said somthing. and there were sturgeon regs posted on the pole at the boat launch that said c&r is allowed with barbless hooks and oversize can't be removed from the water. they clearly did not post them in time beceause i never heard of the changes.

It's on the link I posted - that's from the official ODFW site so if you choose to ignore it that's up to you. Normally you can still catch and release even if retention is closed but they created an exception and closed that area completely because they now believe it to be a spawning area. It's pretty black and white.. it's closed. You got lucky that time but ignorance of the change won't help if you get someone checking that is aware of the change.

brandon4455
brandon4455
.....feel kinda of shamed. someone might as well delete this thread so i dont look like a jackass i had no idea...

W
waco
Anyways awesome fish Brandon!! Too bad wasn't on the right date!! but fishing for sturgeon is on my list and hope i will do it soon!!!

brandon4455
brandon4455
waco said:
Anyways awesome fish Brandon!! Too bad wasn't on the right date!! but fishing for sturgeon is on my list and hope i will do it soon!!!

let me know if you fish the willamette i will tell you exactly where to fish if you are in a boat

W
waco
Thanks bro but dont have a boat or know anybody with one so i dont think fishing with a boat not a chance :(

brandon4455
brandon4455
waco said:
Thanks bro but dont have a boat or know anybody with one so i dont think fishing with a boat not a chance :(

i still might know a few bank spots ;)

brandon4455
brandon4455
somwhere it says althought the willamette river closed on march 17th it remains open for catch and release. and they update the recreation report once a week. so im pretty sure i can still legally fish for them c&r.

Last edited:
L
lilsalmon
Good job Brandon...if anyone gives you any shipoopy...let me know...we are all only human here.......

brandon4455
brandon4455
lilsalmon said:
Good job Brandon...if anyone gives you any shipoopy...let me know...we are all only human here.......

i have proof it was legal. in that link. and i made a report on the odfw site for the recreaton report because i always talk with the fish biologist. he would have sent me an email by now or called me if i was fishing illegally. its all good :D thanks rose

brandon4455
brandon4455
dont need to post your link twice i saw it already okay? i get the point. I just believe theres still apossibility its open because there were tons of boats on the water and im sure someone would have told us if it closed.. if this is still in effect then its odfw's fault for not takin "anglers can still participate in catch and release" off their website and the poles at the boat launch. no more of this,it's been settled just stop posting on my thread.

brandon

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
It seems as though he/she just likes to keep beating the horse...even LONG AFTER it's down!

Brandon is one of the most conscientious fisher peeps that I know. It's time to put the horse to bed.

Reactions: colbypearson
brandon4455
brandon4455
even if he is right he dosen't have to keep going on about it... i get it, i messed up. but it's not all my fault odfw needs to post the regs in more clear areas so i can actually see them. dosen't seem like he's trying to help,more of a rub it in my face thing and scolding me. i think im going to have a mod lock this thread if he decides to post on it again.

troutdude
troutdude
Agree little buddy. That's why I chimed in (and probably how TT was feeling too). We're behind you man. If you would have known in the first place, we all know that you would not have fished there. And like the T-Shirt says..."Pobody's nerfect". ;-)

D
davidlee
Well just trying to help. I agree the regs are messed up sometimes that's why I pointed out the change. You're the one going on about how you think it's allowed because you saw it in the Recreation report or it's ODFW fault for not posting more signs... whatever. Didn't think I was scolding you, sorry if you took it that way... I even posted a link to the story about why they made it a sanctuary, thought that was an interesting read. I even said in the previous post, I just don't want you (or anyone else) getting in trouble up there.

Here are some signs that are posted. Sorry they weren't posted where you launched from but they are out there in some areas. Besides... i'm sure you were up there before May 1st anyway and just posted a late report. ;)

IMG_0518.JPGIMG_0520.JPG

L
lilsalmon
Ty davidlee....enough said....its understood....lets fish....and welcome to the forum

brandon4455
brandon4455
okay problem solved..it's over and done. :lol: plus, if you never would have said anything and my uncle and grandpa or me went out there again im sure we would have been screwed! yikes!!! LOL i want to apologize for being a ht head.. ive been known to get a little bit angry. i should have been a little bit more mature in handling this situation. thanks. i think ill fish for sturgeon here above the falls now where it is legal ;)

brandon

Last edited:
T
TTFishon
davidlee said:
Well just trying to help. I agree the regs are messed up sometimes that's why I pointed out the change. You're the one going on about how you think it's allowed because you saw it in the Recreation report or it's ODFW fault for not posting more signs... whatever. Didn't think I was scolding you, sorry if you took it that way... I even posted a link to the story about why they made it a sanctuary, thought that was an interesting read. I even said in the previous post, I just don't want you (or anyone else) getting in trouble up there.

Here are some signs that are posted. Sorry they weren't posted where you launched from but they are out there in some areas. Besides... i'm sure you were up there before May 1st anyway and just posted a late report. ;)

Thanks for chiming in. I don't know why I feel the way I do when someone's just trying to help. I've felt like an arse more than once on this site and I feel like one today. BTW, welcome to the forum.

H
Hawk
Brandon, y'all did a Great Job, Bro's.
What a Wonderful Day.
:D:lol::D:lol:
:clap::clap::clap:
:dance::dance::dance:
:cool::cool:

brandon4455
brandon4455
thanks hawk :D :D