Been to Lost Lake recently

L
Letsfish
Has anyone been up to Lost Lake recently? Postings have been pretty quiet regarding this lake for a while. I have a friend that was up there about six or seven weeks ago and reported that he couldn't hardly keep them off his hook, but that's was the last time he was there and I haven't heard a thing since. I'm thinking about taking one of my grandsons up there on Tuesday and a current report would be helpful. Thanks

T
troutmasta
I was up there friday night. I was just fly fishing from my float tube but only caught one tiny guy. There honestly werent that many fish jumping in comparison to how it used to be and I did not see any birds either. The water was pretty brackish. I did see some people using power eggs getting a couple from the bank.

Another thing I saw was hords of people camping and trashing the bank. It was sad, that place used to be magestic.

L
Letsfish
Thanks for the report troutmasta. That's enough for me to look elsewhere. It really is too bad when people feel like they are entitled to do whatever they want and then it is up to others to clean up behind them. Actually my feelings are much stronger but this seems to be a time when lots of people seem to have rights and no responsibility.

M
mahucaro
The lake has plenty of fish but with the warm temp they go way low, I usually take my kids to that lake in the canoe and the fishfinder tells me there are plenty and even some big ones from years before. If you manage to get the line or bait low enough you are sure to
Get a fish or two. I love that little lake cuz you can puddle all over the lake and it is not intimidating for the little ones. I agree with the trash but is is a sad reality in every single water body... Hagg lake, wilson river, Trask, Kilchis, even the local ponds like Bethany and commonwealth.
?

T
troutmasta
mahucaro said:
The lake has plenty of fish but with the warm temp they go way low, I usually take my kids to that lake in the canoe and the fishfinder tells me there are plenty and even some big ones from years before. If you manage to get the line or bait low enough you are sure to
Get a fish or two. I love that little lake cuz you can puddle all over the lake and it is not intimidating for the little ones. I agree with the trash but is is a sad reality in every single water body... Hagg lake, wilson river, Trask, Kilchis, even the local ponds like Bethany and commonwealth.
��
I've caught 90 fish in a day there years ago. Multiple recycled steelhead and hoards of stockers. The lake was in bad shape this July. In the past there were multiple Ospreys and at least a bald eagle or two.
Nada- I agree there are fish there, but its nothing near what it used to be.

Dont accept the trash as a reality- Thats what makes it okay, acceptance. The reality is, this is gods country and we need to to fight back. I still know of some places that are magical and trash free, but these lips are sealed.

Tight lines-

Recycled steel @ LL

S
Seahawkfan
I always take a trash bag with be when I'm fishing and make sure the place is cleaner than we I got there. I can't stand litter!, makes me sick!

Anyway, I'm gonna go give the little lake a try tomorrow armed with poles, a stringer and a trash bag. Hope the stringer fills up first.