Beats getting skunked?

I
igquick
I don't even think this is post worthy but it's kind of funny. Definitely the biggest fish I have ever caught! I haven't been Carp fishing lately because I've kind of been busy lately; well more like lazy.

I tried to go bluegill fishing but apparently, people keep fishing them out at Salish Ponds for some reason. So we only caught 1 fish:

troutdude
troutdude
igquick said:
Definitely the biggest fish I have ever caught! [/QUOTE=igquick;282320]

So, what did your smallest one look like? LOL

bass
bass
Why didn't you lip him :)

Bummer about the bluegill population taking a beating.

I
igquick
actually that was my smallest one lol

yea bass they keep fishing it out, all the families n stuff so I don't recommend going there this year...but Company Lake has a butt load of them still

L
Liphooked
It seems like there is something in the water. From the banks I have thrown everything in my tackle box and have only caught certain size and certain numbers. They bite and then under the same conditions they don't flex a muscle. I go some where else and bam right off I'm catching. The next day, week, or even month I go back and it is dead. From Newport to Barview-Jetty everybody was getting skunked yesterday. The fish that were coming in were no bigger then 10 inches. I heard the boaters talking and they were saying in was cold up two miles off shore, the bite picked up about 1.25 miles off shores. I don't know but over the last two years the fish have been pushing away from the banks. Scents have been helping a lot. With-out them I think I wouldn't be catching at all, plus this site has helped me with technique timing. What gives?

Last edited:
I
igquick
I agree. Perhaps it's because of the over fishing?