Bass guys....question on your reels

C
CoastieFlo
Do you bass guys do your own reel servicing/maint'?? Or is there some place in the valley or over here on the coast that you go to??

I ask because ive been tinkering/repairing/servicing reels for many years in my spare time and now im thinking about trying to make it into an actual biz (that and currently unemployed doesn't hurt either lol).

I know a lot of you fish on the coast over here at Siltcoos, Tackenitch and Tenmile so I figured I would ask....thank you for any input you might have.
Russell

H
Hendo30
I try and do most of my own servicing and tinkering....money or lack of sometimes pushes you to do things yourself.

F
Finneus Polebender
Do the basic cleaning and oiling myself . Since my bass baitcasters never see salt figure the handle side gears and bearings should be good for a few years ,but when it comes to be that time might consider seeking experienced help.

R
ryan808
a lot of folks send there stuff to Olle Damons (Portland). I have sent some there for service due to my lazyness, but tend to do minor stuff on my own. If you can add super tunning to your services, you might get more hits.

T
tomriker
when my 80 dollar bass baitcasters die, i won't be too concerned with fixing them.. but if they were the 300+ reels.. would nurse that thing for sure

U
Username
tomriker said:
when my 80 dollar bass baitcasters die, i won't be too concerned with fixing them.. but if they were the 300+ reels.. would nurse that thing for sure

i couldn't see myself ever paying that much for a reel. when i have caught fish on a stick with line tied to it.

T
tomriker
to each his own