Bass ???? ... Any in Silver Creek Res. .. above Silverton

S
shotgun
I have been asking around town ( Silverton ) ... about Silver Creek Reservoir about a mile above town ... If there are any bass to catch in it ... It really looks bassy .... Mostly I get .. I don't know ... or just trout and bullhead catfish ... but a few are saying ... YES , there is ... so they were told ... which doesn't confirm it ... Does anyone know for sure ?

I would just go fish it ... as I tried last Tuesday ... but ramp is closed do to low water and couldn't get boat in ... Can anyone give me a Yea or Ney on this ... BASS or NO BASS !!!!

THANKS ... Doug

bass
bass
Sorry, but I have no idea. I have never fished it nor spoken with anyone who has. I figure as useless as my reply is at least you know I am not holding out on you :)

troutdude
troutdude
IDK for sure; but I'd guess the water is too cold for bass. There are cutts and bows in the creek. Probably both of those also in the Res. too.

M
Modest_Man
I've fished it and never seen a bass, though I was targeting trout.

T
tomriker
aren't those high elevation lakes that the trout guys think the bass are "ruining" pretty chilly??

S
shotgun
The lake is not high elevation ... its under 400 ft in elevation ... just a 1/2 mile out of Silverton ... Google it ....and plenty warm enough .... Still looking for a solid answer ... looks like I will have to dig my 12 ft pram out of he brush and try it with that ... me at 225 pounds and a Lab and a Beagle will be a fun trip in it ...
Doug