Bank access at Diamond Lake

G

GTownFan

My family is heading to the Diamond Lake and Crater Lake for tomorrow and the day after. My father-in-law is someone who is really into fishing and he'd like to take opportunity. I read this board for a while but realized that most of the fishing was done with a boat, which we do not have. I am wondering if there is any reasonably good bank access to this lake? I'd really appreciate any of your response.

Thanks!

B

blueheron47

I observed a few people fishing in chest waders out from the bank at the Diamond lake camp ground this past week.
not the best , a boat would be a better approach.

L

Left Bank

Hey Gtownfan, As the lake gets warmer the rainbows typically head to the deeper parts of this lake and the areas around the bank are fairly shallow. When I go back up there I'm sure to be in a boat. The rentals may seem a bit much but IMHO it's worth it.
Hope you and your father-in-law have a great time and catch some trophys!!! Let us know how you do.

T

the salmon kid

i went up there and fished off a boat but there is a excellent spot by the marina.
on the north end before you get to the marina there is a small boat launch, by that there is a small jetty that is about 30 ft long. if you use power bait off the bottom, we limited out in about an hour good luck

Top Bottom