Back to my old self

L
laurie
Hi guys and Gals

Well it has certainly been a while since I have been on the forum due to a major operation which left me in a bad way for over a year.
But now I am back firing on all cylinders.
It was a post from Rainbow that kicked start me to get back to looking at some of the great posts on the forum so thank you Rainbow.
Well now I have took early retirement I find myself working longer hours running the fly tying business and loving it to bits.

Here is a little teaser of the new patterns developed over the past year. Enjoy

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Laurie, it's good to hear from you again! Sorry to hear you were knocked out of commission for a whole year, but glad to see you back at work again. I kept a personal file of your beautiful flies and have always admired them. We have many folks here who also do beautiful work with thread and bits of feathers on a hook. I admire all of them. Hope to hear from you more often now that you are back on your feet. Thanks for sharing! :)

D
DirectDrive
laurie said:
Hi guys and Gals

Well it has certainly been a while since I have been on the forum due to a major operation which left me in a bad way for over a year.
But now I am back firing on all cylinders.
It was a post from Rainbow that kicked start me to get back to looking at some of the great posts on the forum so thank you Rainbow.
Well now I have took early retirement I find myself working longer hours running the fly tying business and loving it to bits.

Here is a little teaser of the new patterns developed over the past year. Enjoy
]
Very nice patterns !
They would work well on our Summer Steelhead.

I see that you hail from the Emerald Isle.
My grandparents came from Clare and Mayo.

W
wozniasm
Nice looking flies Laurie!
Glad to see you back in the saddle!

Irishrover
Irishrover
Welcome back nice flies too. Where do you do your fishing over there? My wife and I spent two weeks in May over on your Island. They had some very long fishing rods over there. We watched them do some fishing over in the Connemara area and checked out some charters down in Dingle. It was also fun to talk to some of the folks about fishing over there. Glad you are back.

L
laurie
The long rods would most likely be dapping rods, a great way to fish for trout here.
We were in Connemara in August doing a video shoot for one of my DVD,s and had a fantastic time with the locals.
Went to one lake and caught a nice rainbow

We were using these patterns on the lake,

Irishrover
Irishrover
Wow that's a good size trout! One of the places we went by was Logh Corrib and another was Lough Mask. One of those two had a fish hatchery there. I was amazed at how much your Island looked like Oregon, and I was wishinging I had my fishing gear when we went over a bridge on the Lackagh River.

The red fly reminds me of a soft hackle that I often use. I tie it on a size 14 hook with a green body and a natural hackle. The yellow fly looks like it would be a fantastic fly on our Deschutes river during the stonefly hatch.

• 131.jpg
Last edited:
L
laurie
We use to stay in a bungalow half a mile from the bridge in the glen village overlooking the lough.
Here is some flies we use to use on the lough