Aufderheide tour

R
Rheinholdt
Evening, All,

So. As I've stated in other threads I'm pretty much a beginner fisherman and I'm in the early stages of planning a three day weekend camping/fishing trip. Briefly here is what I'm thinking:

Arrange to get off work early Thursday and take off Friday.
Leave town after work Thursday and drive up the Mackenzie.
Fish along the way?
Try some lake fishing at Leaburg?
Head up the Aufderheide to Frissell Crossing campground for the night.
Over the top and down the North Fork of the Middle Fork of the Willamette for some fly fishing on Friday.
Perhaps camp at Kiahannie campground, if I have that name right, on Friday night.
Some morning fishing on the North Fork then through Oakridge and up to Salmon Creek Saturday.
Camp somewhere up Salmon Creek Saturday night.
A little more fishing Sunday A.M.
Then home Sunday afternoon.

All of the above is tentative. The order and timing is subject to change pending forum advice.

Any thoughts anyone?

Respectfully, Ron.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Awesome attitude

Awesome attitude

Ron;
Hi there! I am not familiar with your area at all. But it sure sounds like a great way to spend a weekend to me. Don't forget your camera and cell phone. We don't need anymore members falling into the bushes and not getting help right away. :naughty:
I think it's really great the way you are jumping into fishing with so much passion and determination. If that will catch fish,you need to remember to take your big skillet. :D :lol:
Have fun and then let us know all about it.

R
Rheinholdt
Aw, Shucks!

Aw, Shucks!

Thanks, Raincatcher,

With that kind of encouragement how can I go wrong? I'm looking forward to meeting more of you and getting out there and wetting some hooks and fillling the frying pan. When I land that first fish you guys will be the first to know!

Respectfully, Rheinholdt

Troutski
Troutski
Roaring river...

Roaring river...

That is one great drive, been there plenty of times. Take care and post after your quest...there are even a few hike in lakes on your drive. Otter lake comes to mind, what a great area we live in. Take care and enjoy our piece of heaven.

Chuck

H
Hooked on fishin'
if you go by Carmen reservoir stop there, my wife and I limited three days in a row about three weeks ago. We were using a four pound leader between two and three feet, with a sliding egg sinker above a swivel, using chartreuse powerbait with Pro-Cure Trophy Trout Gel. Fish on every few minutes!