Are we there yet?

jamisonace
jamisonace
Sweet video. That got my blood pumping for sure.

D
DYJ
good times :cool:

F
FlyBum
Those Montana rivers are great and better! We should all go there instead! :)

O
OnTheFly
Maybe it's because the time is getting close and I'm chomping at the bit for it to happen again or maybe it's because it's been nearly a whole year since the last time we were there at the hatch or both but IMO that was the most awesome video ever posted here on OFF. They truly captured the experience.

M
Modest_Man
I've got a permit for four from May 31st to June 3rd from Trout Creek to Sandy Beach, but my father-in-law lost his job and had to sell his cataraft, so we're down two. So I've got two openings, if anyone's got a DB/raft/cat and has experience on the Deschutes.

L
lilsalmon
What Jim said.......excellent video. I can't wait. Those guys must have tough legs...I tried wet wading the D and lasted about 3 minutes....it's cold!

B
bigsteel
I just love this video,captures what the river is all about.

O
OnTheFly
It was all fished on the Warm Springs side. All of it was river left. The road looked like it could be an access route to get well below Shears on the Indian side. Sweet!

J
jimmy
OnTheFly said:
It was all fished on the Warm Springs side. All of it was river left. The road looked like it could be an access route to get well below Shears on the Indian side. Sweet!

you are correct on the first two points, there are no permits for that water.

very cool vid, thanks for posting. I liked the aerial shots... r/c copter/gopro combo maybe?

good look at the takes too, my arm twitched every time I saw a splash.

It's gettin close....

M
MattZ
cool video. have never done the deschutes salmonfly hatch, but have done it on the South Fork Snake and the Rogue. Very fun stuff. Trout go whacky for these things.

O
OnTheFly
jimmy said:
you are correct on the first two points, there are no permits for that water.

very cool vid, thanks for posting. I liked the aerial shots... r/c copter/gopro combo maybe?

good look at the takes too, my arm twitched every time I saw a splash.

It's gettin close....
jimmy! Glad to hear from you! Yeah my last observation was wrong. Now I believe it was way south of that. Also, one bit caught a glimpse of the two homes next to where you camp at each year.

J
jimmy
OnTheFly said:
caught a glimpse of the two homes next to where you camp at each year.

I watched them film parts of it... they had a whole production crew down there stomping around the res.