April summer steel

Y
Yogidabear
Williemac river gives up a early summer on bobber and nightmare jig. last cast of the day almost like a bonus. I still can't tell the difference between a summer and winter fish, they look exactly the same to me.

3508i9x.jpg

Reactions: eugene1
W
waco
Wow that thing is chrome! :cool:

S
Silvers&Steelies
Nice bright fish. You seem to be doing good with the nightmare jig.

R
rippin fish lips
That's one of the brightest summers i have seen. And i have seen and caught some super chrome ones. You need sun glasses to look at this one on the web. Nice fish.

E
eugene1
Nice one, looks like it's getting good. When you cut it open the summer runs will have very small/undeveloped gonads (eggs or milt sacs) this early in the season. They won't spawn til next year, incredible fish, whereas winters caught now will be ready to spawn asap.

P
plumb2fish
The meat should have marbling almost like a springer, since that fish has to survive on its fat supply til next Feb.ish before it spawns and will not really "eat" much.

B
bran_man
Well there is no winter run in this area, so the ones that do come here by mistake are kinda few far in between. They would not be anywhere near that bright this time of year and decently colored up by now. Definitely an early summer fish.nice one too btw.and yes their reproductive parts will have just started to be forming inside.the eggs are so small at this point they are not useable at all. Nice one though Def some great eating meat though.

F
fuson22
Beautiful fish man. Summer, Winter, whatever, THAT is a chrome dipped beauty any way you shake it. Good job!

D
DYJ
nice

A
Aton
Williemac? Do you mean like out RiverLoop Rd? If no mind me asking.

S
steelhead_stalkers
I think he means it could be the Willie or Mac. :lol: Go and find out.

R
rippin fish lips
steelhead_stalkers said:
i think he means it could be the willie or mac. :lol: Go and find out.

lol. Right!