Anyone tried lately?

E
ezdoesit
Just wondering if anyone on here has fished the reservoirs yet I know it was scheduled for a good load, and some steel head as well. I know the drill, " Why don't you give it a try and let us know":D

S
SteelyDan's
Which reservoirs are you referring too? I'm sure some on here wouldn't hesitate to give a little info. Good Luck. :thumb:

E
ezdoesit
:redface-new: Big Creek Reservoirs in Newport. I thought I posted on that forum. Thanks for the help. I need it :sad:

troutdude
troutdude
In more than 10 years of fishing BC 2; I've never seen any steelhead in there. How did you hear that it would be also stocked, with steel?

Casting Call
Casting Call
2Xs on the question? Thanks Tony

C
chrisohm
troutdude said:
In more than 10 years of fishing BC 2; I've never seen any steelhead in there. How did you hear that it would be also stocked, with steel?

Straight from the Rec. Report:

NORTH COAST LAKES
Nearly all water bodies have been stocked this season with rainbow trout and most will be getting another load of fish this week or next. March through May is when the most fish are stocked along Mid Coast water bodies and can offer anglers excellent fishing opportunity. Be sure to check out the 2014 stocking schedule on the ODFW web page for the most up to date information. Most water bodies get stocked multiple times per season and can offer anglers of all experience levels some great fishing opportunities.
Surplus hatchery winter steelhead adults have been released into Olalla and Big Creek Reserviors recently. These are consider “trout” once in a lake or reservoir so only one trout over 20 inches is allowed per day.

troutdude
troutdude
Aha! Missed that! Thank you Mr. Ohm!

BTW, I have seem them come of out Olalla before--just not BC. How cool. Now 2 spots to hit this weekend. Thanks EZ!

J
jd15
there were 41 steelhead stocked in BC 2 last friday i was there and seen them put in all 24inches and bigger, the fishing is good for the legal sized although nothing bigger is really being cuaght
ezdoesit said:
Just wondering if anyone on here has fished the reservoirs yet I know it was scheduled for a good load, and some steel head as well. I know the drill, " Why don't you give it a try and let us know":D

J
jd15
last year me an my dad both pulled out 5 over 20inches throughout the year

C
chrisohm
troutdude said:
Aha! Missed that! Thank you Mr. Ohm!

BTW, I have seem them come of out Olalla before--just not BC. How cool. Now 2 spots to hit this weekend. Thanks EZ!

I would have taken my son to BC but had to cancel our family beach trip. We normally stay for 3 nights in LC through a family hookup. Aquarium, jetty one day, the next is BC or Devil's with some beach combing around Beverly and sometimes the last day would be a charter trip or some steelhead chasing. Post up pics if you go!

K
kb7kuh
Going Sunday & Monday. Hope to see some of the big ones!

E
ezdoesit
kb7kuh said:
Going Sunday & Monday. Hope to see some of the big ones!

Good luck. You might want to toss a spinner for the big ones.They like to hang around the grass areas along the dams and the moving water next to the drains.

K
kb7kuh
I thought about that too. I have a few spinners, and will give it a shot. We will be the ones with the black lab that loves to go fishing. :)

troutdude
troutdude
Don't overlook spoons too, like Little Cleo's.

K
kb7kuh
Well we did good. Got our limits including a few 13" and 12" fish. Overall a good day. Going to try again tomorrow.

E
ezdoesit
kb7kuh said:
Well we did good. Got our limits including a few 13" and 12" fish. Overall a good day. Going to try again tomorrow.

:thumb: Did you go back Monday? With all the rain( less people fishing) this week the fish will have a better chance of spreading out before all being caught.

K
kb7kuh
We did go back on Monday. We did good, got a few 12"+ fish.

troutdude
troutdude
EZ, have you gone out there yet?

E
ezdoesit
troutdude said:
EZ, have you gone out there yet?

Not yet. Finishing up the steel head season and fishing for surf perch now. I don't usually fish the reservoirs until the next plant in April.

K
kb7kuh
We went yesterday and it was pretty slow. We did catch 3 nice fish, and I lost a real nice one! Got to get a net!!!