Anyone fished either reservoir lately?

E
ezdoesit
I fished the upper reservoir frequently the last 4yrs. I lived in Newport. Always fun and usually limits, often sooner than I liked. My son and his girlfriend tried it out this weekend with only one small fish that was released. He checked everyone at the upper and lower and no one had a fish:confused: Some blamed it on too cold of water but I seriously doubt that with all the plants that should be in there by now. He said no one was boating or tubing witch leads me to believe that it isn't getting planted as scheduled. Anyone know whats going on there?

B
beaverfan
It looks like they haven't been stocked in over a month, I'd say that it was cold and there's not many fish left.

troutdude
troutdude
beaverfan said:
It looks like they haven't been stocked in over a month, I'd say that it was cold and there's not many fish left.

X 2. It's getting stocked this week. I just called, and there is actual stocking confirmation. But, I'd say that you could hit it tomorrow afternoon. As soon as they do stock it, it'll be on fire for a few days. Try Chartruese Power Eggs (or Lemon/Lime), and some trout scent. That's what did the trick last year...along w/ casting my favorite brass Little Cleo spoon.

I'm planning to go early Saturday morning. I'll be the dude in the OSU baseball cap, with an orange bill. If you see me, feel free to say hello!

F
frodog
My wife and I went down there about a month ago. We fished the upper res. and we did well she caught her first trout and and 3 more and I released 7. We were fishing the far side of the levi in the corner using power eggs and a slip weight set up. Good luck.

troutdude
troutdude
Thanks for that post. I've never tried that corner, but have suspected it would be a good hole. Glad you got some, and that you got your Mrs. into her first ones!

F
frodog
Thanks Td it was a great time for sure but I may have created a monster soon she'll Know all of my secrets.