Anyone else see this today? (WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT)

S
stonesworth
FishAssassin said:
I just picked up a pair of hodgeman lights from Bi-Mart for 69.97 and I really like them. They are breathable and lightweight. Toon huh? I have been thinking about possibly getting one of those in the future as well. I love the idea of covering more water.

Get some of the patch glue for your hodgmans if you hit a rambo trail and get a sticker hole or something you can do a quick patch and be back fishing in no time its very quick dry and nothing sucks more then having the wet spot.;) There is nothing like being dry and hitting the water others can't without them you will never go back to fishing without....Good luck..

F
FishAssassin
Deer

Deer

Is the deer gone?

I
Ideceivefish
Not sure. I haven't been back since the day I saw it. Really busy at work these last few days. I will be up there again soon.

G
GoneFishin2134
The deer probably was sick or maybe it was hit by a car? Cougars don't go for the Throat. They are the only Cat species that go for the Head. One bite to the Cranium and its all over. lol

F
Flymstr
Deer

Deer

FishAssassin said:
Is the deer gone?

No still there. I fed from it today!!!!
YUMMY!!!

Flymstr;:cool:

I
Ideceivefish
GoneFishin2134 said:
maybe it was hit by a car?

It wasn't even close to a road, but if it did get hit by a car it could have walked down the trail 10 minutes then died, that's possible, but doubt it.

Maybe it was Rambo?

T
TTFishon
Flymstr said:
YUMMY!!!

Wouldn't a cat or wild dogs have come back to get it by now?

I
Ideceivefish
I think they like fresh meat?

F
Flymstr
Dogs

Dogs

TTFishon said:
Wouldn't a cat or wild dogs have come back to get it by now?

Well that all depends on whether or not they were scared off of it. Sometimes fi they are frightened away, they will not return to the kill. I would not worry about it at all. I mean it's "Dead" what harm can it do LOL. Anyway, I don't think there is any danger now at all, but you never know though. Killed on the creek again.:rolleyes:

FLymstr;

F
FishAssassin
Flymstr said:
YUMMY!!!

Did you save me some? :lol:

T
todd_brooks
Fishin with guns?

Fishin with guns?

Man this whole story has raised a couple questions in my mind. The last time I was out there was late in the day and I ended up with fish fever after bonking my first fish and was looking to land my limit. Ended up having to find my way out in the dark. Couldn't see my nose let alone the trail. When I finnaly found it I had my boy aka dog lead the way. Yellow lab so I could see him on the black trail. So there I was packin out a fresh fish in the dark and I heard noise just off the trail by my dog. It was a little unnerving then thinking about being in possable couger territory. And now I have to think about a pack of rabid dogs that take down bull elk to, Jesus. So whats the deal with packing heat in the woods don't you still have to have a concealed carry license for that if its at all hidden?:think: And has anyone had any of these Wild dogs stick around when they see you or are they gone with the wind? Maybe this will stop some of the pressure out there.:)

T
TTFishon
todd_brooks said:
Man this whole story has raised a couple questions in my mind. The last time I was out there was late in the day and I ended up with fish fever after bonking my first fish and was looking to land my limit. Ended up having to find my way out in the dark. Couldn't see my nose let alone the trail. When I finnaly found it I had my boy aka dog lead the way. Yellow lab so I could see him on the black trail. So there I was packin out a fresh fish in the dark and I heard noise just off the trail by my dog. It was a little unnerving then thinking about being in possable couger territory. And now I have to think about a pack of rabid dogs that take down bull elk to, Jesus. So whats the deal with packing heat in the woods don't you still have to have a concealed carry license for that if its at all hidden?:think: And has anyone had any of these Wild dogs stick around when they see you or are they gone with the wind? Maybe this will stop some of the pressure out there.:)

I've been treed before by either wild dogs or coyotes. We couldn't tell because it was dark. First we heard a dog bark at us so my buddy flashed his flashlight where we heard the bark and there were 7 or 8 pairs of eyes staring at us from about 70 to 80 feet away. We both climbed the nearest tree and of course mine didn't have any branches on it. Let me tell you, it really sucks to climb a tree that doesn't have branches. Then we waited while the dogs or yotes ran around the base of our trees until they disappeared about an hour and a half later. The next day we went back and in a farmers field was an obvious kill site with blood and deer fur spread about. Maybe it depends but those dogs sure stuck around for a while that night.

I
Ideceivefish
That's why I'm going to start packin (with a license of course).

J
JeannaJigs
TTFishon said:
I've been treed before by either wild dogs or coyotes. We couldn't tell because it was dark. First we heard a dog bark at us so my buddy flashed his flashlight where we heard the bark and there were 7 or 8 pairs of eyes staring at us from about 70 to 80 feet away. We both climbed the nearest tree and of course mine didn't have any branches on it. Let me tell you, it really sucks to climb a tree that doesn't have branches. Then we waited while the dogs or yotes ran around the base of our trees until they disappeared about an hour and a half later. The next day we went back and in a farmers field was an obvious kill site with blood and deer fur spread about. Maybe it depends but those dogs sure stuck around for a while that night.
That's crazy. Scary stuff.

T
TTFishon
JeannaJigs said:
That's crazy. Scary stuff.

Yeah, it was quite the experience.

H
halibuthitman
mabe we could just put a row of street lights down the trail to the river.. so everyone feels safer, mabe run a gas pipeline down at the same time and put in an eternal flame and memorial for the deer..... we can call it the food chain park memorial, and put in a comment box on ways we could prevent deer from dying like this in the futer... and I can't believe no one recognizes a Yeti kill when they see one... so you guys are gonna want 40 cal and bigger.

T
TTFishon
Ideceivefish said:
That's why I'm going to start packin (with a license of course).

I'm sure if we had a gun and popped off a couple rounds they would've left for sure.

F
Flymstr
Deer

Deer

I tried to tell you all earlier. I am the one that killed the deer and am feeding on it daily. I fish the creek so much, that I had to have a consistent food supply available to me at all times. This is the third one in as many years that I have taken out. It is not easy. I bait them in with my fly rod and a piece of lush green grass. When they take the hook, it's "Deer on baby"!!. This one took me at least 4 hours to wear down, and I think he took every trail there was trying to shake me off. At one time I saw him jump up at least 7 feet, do a flip, shake his head violently, and then run into a tree. He got one leg caught in the mud, and then I attacked. First three rights to the cranium, then two genitelia kicks, and one pile driver to finish off. I would have hidden her better, but I was frightened of by some early morning fisherman. "What's the deal with walking in before light!" So in early January, if you hear the bushes rustle, and sound of a deer fighting for it's life. Just sit back, and say "That crazy flymstr, trying to get some food stored up for another season!" :D:lol::cool::dance:

C
Cohosanders
Flymstr said:
I tried to tell you all earlier. I am the one that killed the deer and am feeding on it daily. I fish the creek so much, that I had to have a consistent food supply available to me at all times. This is the third one in as many years that I have taken out. It is not easy. I bait them in with my fly rod and a piece of lush green grass. When they take the hook, it's "Deer on baby"!!. This one took me at least 4 hours to wear down, and I think he took every trail there was trying to shake me off. At one time I saw him jump up at least 7 feet, do a flip, shake his head violently, and then run into a tree. He got one leg caught in the mud, and then I attacked. First three rights to the cranium, then two genitelia kicks, and one pile driver to finish off. I would have hidden her better, but I was frightened of by some early morning fisherman. "What's the deal with walking in before light!" So in early January, if you hear the bushes rustle, and sound of a deer fighting for it's life. Just sit back, and say "That crazy flymstr, trying to get some food stored up for another season!" :D:lol::cool::dance:

:lol: Now that is funny!!!!

I
Ideceivefish
Flymstr said:

ok man, lets get real here. The picture clearly shows you have snagged the deer in the side of the belly, no wonder it took 4 hours! Now, you know that you're supposed to C&R belly landings right?

Come on man, where is your sportsmanship!! :lol: