Anybody here still fishing Siltcoos Lake?

K
kwikfisher
I can only last a few days without fishing, or at least hearing about it.

J
JeannaJigs
Yep...it'll fish until December. Most people should be close to tagged out long before then though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

N
nwdunerider
My son in law and his buddy caught 2 yesterday on tackenitch

G
getsdwyz
Going Saturday and sunday

A
Aton
Went today...lost two...one was shiny...one was red and black...So basically...I lost One. Running pretty small hot shots/small treble:crushed: . Was a lot warmer there than in the valley...wind made things difficult though. Heard of a few caught on Maple Arm.

J
JeannaJigs
I tagged out last week and now have nothing to do but twiddle my thumbs until the rivers drop back into shape. Shoulda held out on the lake fish a little longer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

PK Yi
PK Yi
how are you guys fishing that lake? troll or bank fishing?

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
I was there the other day and the parking lot was full and the water was choppy but people where still bringing fish in. most people in boats,didn't see any bankies.

B
billfisher
Yes! The dam was open today. Almost didn't put in a 7am. There were white caps and only three rigs in the parking lot.

So I drove over the little bridge and saw that there was current in the river. Turned around and put my boat in and fished the outlet and west bank casting for awhile and didn't mark any fish.

Picked up and ran over to the maple arm cause I got one there the 10th. Trolled around the circle for a couple hours marking very few fish. So I decided to troll along the south shore and found a

lot more on the ff. Turned around and came back through and hooked into a nice bright one and lost it just as I was reaching for the net. In the next 45 min I caught one that was a little dark and released it

Then one that was red, then one that was pink. Released them and was kicking myself for releasing the darker one, but a few min. later hooked into another. It was almost chrome so I netted it and bonked it

through the net and must have cut the net cause it came half way through the net. Yikes... Luckily I got it in the boat! Best day ever in 3 years of fishing siltcoos and Tackenitch.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
I gotta try this Siltcoos fishing!

B
billfisher
Long drive for one fish but was worth it today!!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
So much fun when the fish are there. So boring when they are not... we get back tomorrow and have 3 tag spots left for coho...

B
billfisher
Your going to hit it perfect! I Think they'll be in your fav spot. Lots of current in the river today.

B
billfisher
rogerdodger said:
So much fun when the fish are there. So boring when they are not... we get back tomorrow and have 3 tag spots left for coho...

Roger, you jinked me. I got skunked today, lol
I think very few if any fresh fish came in this time.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
we hit the lake Thursday afternoon during a break in the rain but could not find any fish near the outlet or along the west shore. roger

E
eugene1
Good work, billfisher!

What a great day to get into that many fish on Siltcoos!

billfisher said:
Yes! The dam was open today. Almost didn't put in a 7am. There were white caps and only three rigs in the parking lot.

So I drove over the little bridge and saw that there was current in the river. Turned around and put my boat in and fished the outlet and west bank casting for awhile and didn't mark any fish.

Picked up and ran over to the maple arm cause I got one there the 10th. Trolled around the circle for a couple hours marking very few fish. So I decided to troll along the south shore and found a

lot more on the ff. Turned around and came back through and hooked into a nice bright one and lost it just as I was reaching for the net. In the next 45 min I caught one that was a little dark and released it

Then one that was red, then one that was pink. Released them and was kicking myself for releasing the darker one, but a few min. later hooked into another. It was almost chrome so I netted it and bonked it

through the net and must have cut the net cause it came half way through the net. Yikes... Luckily I got it in the boat! Best day ever in 3 years of fishing siltcoos and Tackenitch.

A
Aton
Today worked...Food and Bait...what a magical animal :) Plus my fishing buddy got one Jack and a lunker of a buck

• PART_1416795687039_20141123_182051.jpg
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
excellent, nice fish! the weather looked great today, I wanted to get on the lake so bad and fill our last tag spaces but our 13yo Lab is sick...:confusion: