Any mosquitoes at East lake

S
steelhead_slayer
Has anyone been out to East lake lately, and know if there any mosquitoes? I don't remember any being out there anytime I went, but my wife is very allergic so I have to double check. I'll post a report from the banks after we get out this weekend, and Hopefully have lots of pictures with kids holding fish

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
A
azbohunter
We spent 10 days there in mid-July, camped in the RV Park at the resort and had zero problem with mosquitoes, people even commented about the lack of!
Fishing for Kokanee was excellent.

T
Throbbit _Shane
I was there for one night 2 and a half weeks ago. And I dont remember any. So it wasn't bad.

S
steelhead_slayer
Awesome. Thanks everyone. It is a go then :yay:

S
steelhead_slayer
Just got back from the lake. It stormed when we first got there, but that pasted and the rest of the day was gorgeous. Didn't do much fishing(I plan to make up for that next weekend). I did however notice there was a good callibaetis hatch, even more nymphs in the water, a lot of midges, and some damsel flies. There was also hundreds of little fogs on the shore.

A
azbohunter
Not sure what you are targeting on East Lake but when I was there we caught a lot of Kokanee on this. Intermediate fly line, a woolly bugger (black or olive with sparkly) and a 2 to 4 foot leader behind that with a hares ear or callibaetis #14 trailer simply drifted with the wind. Also took a few rainbow and browns this way.