Any good bass fishing near Molalla?

B
bass_junkie
gonna be in the area this weekend seein if there was any good bass fishing spots around the molalla area? any input would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
I
Ifishforfood
sure do my man. most of the lower molalla river has good bass action, it may be a bit early though. i also know that all of the pudding river has good smallie and largemouth action as well. another place to hit up, or places i should say would be all of the ponds around pats acres go kart track. all around the edge of the property are ponds and such, and also the pudding river. I would also strongly suggest using nightcrawlers fished near the bottom with a scent attractant, such as smelly jelly or powerbait liquid scent. i would also strongly suggest using nightcrawler shrimp or crawfiah type scents. I would also suggest that you use a plain brown or black painted leadhead jig tipped with half a nightcrawler bounced along the bottom, SLOWLY. I guarentee that if you use these tactics, you will score some bass. in the long time that ive been fishing, ive found that this tactic outproduces any, i say ANY artificial lures out there, at least for smallmouths. largemouth, thats another story! but use these tactics and you will do better than average.

I
Ifishforfood
oh and let us know how you do too!

B
bass_junkie
k thanks for the great info!

B
bass_junkie
so are there any good bank access points to the pudding in Molalla I don't know much about the area?

I
Ifishforfood
I'm actually not entirely sure since i dont actually live around there, but i wolud just say to go for it. just hit up whatever spots you can access.

O
osmosis
There are several parks and access points.
However the water temp is down so you may be better off targeting different species.

Reactions: OnTheFly