An apology

brandon4455
brandon4455
After many months of thinking about it and really looking around ive come to undersand that fish mortality is a part of fishing, and it will always be there. no matter how good you handle a fish or how quick you catch and release it.. Ive also learned that There are appropriate times to inform someone that they have mishandled a fish and sometimes there isn't.. conservation efforts and educating people is one thing but flaming someone about the way they handle a fish is another.. i apologize to anyone i may have been rude to regarding the subject of fish handling or anything in that general area. i will still handle all my fish with care and hope others do to :D and i will always show my support for wild fish of course but in a more mature and responsible way.

Tight lines everyone

Brandon

Can a mod please fix my spelling error? thanks!!!!

Last edited:
E
eggs
Good on you man! Sometimes emotions can override the fact that everyone is different, all you can do try to give your opinion in hope they take it, but if they don't that is their right. The less you wear your emotions on your sleeve and the more you keep a calm informative attitude the more people will listen and respect your words. It isn't always the easiest thing to do and sometimes emotions are needed, but pick and choose those times wisely. No one can force someone to change their opinion on something, all you can do is give them something to think about(if they want to think about it) and let them figure out if they are going to change their opinion.

.. our little boy is growing up right in front of our eye *tear*

Last edited:
S
Sinkline
Brandon, I wish I was as wise as you are when I was your age. Would have saved me a lot of bumps & bruises! Many folks never in their whole lives reach the level of maturity and understanding of important things that you already have a firm grasp of. You are now, and will be in your older years a great ambassador of this sport. The considerate, and concerning way you conduct yourself now will carry you through your whole life, never lose sight of what's right in life. Apologizing when you are wrong is a virtue, not a weakness.

Randy

18406ej
18406ej
Brandon,

I can't say that I have ever heard you flaming, but I have learned a lot from you that I wouldn't have known about fish handling myself.

It was big of you to apologize though.

Eamon

troutdude
troutdude
Brandon, you are da man!

Caring about how you act/react with your fellow man, shows a great deal about your character. And the fact that you've figured this out on your own, is further testimony of your growth and character. Randy is right; apologizing when you need to is indeed a virtue.

Its been great fishing with you, and I'll forward to more trips. You indeed are becoming an awesome ambassador of our sport! I tip my hat to you.

P.S. I too, have learned a lot from you. So, don't stop posting!!!

jamisonace
jamisonace
Brandon,

I don't consider being passionate about things and expressing that passion in words a character flaw. Quite the opposite, it shows strength of character and hints at integrity as well. Of course, maybe I feel this way because anyone that has followed my posts can see that I will jump at the chance to debate on almost any subject and while I try to stay away from inflammatory language I'm sure I've pissed more than a few people off.

Regardless, keep fighting the good fight and don't be afraid to express your opinions. Keep emotion out of it and you have nothing to worry about.

I've heard a lot of good things said about you both publicly and privately and I'm sure they are all true.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
I,too, applaud your maturity and insight,Brandon. :clap: The others' are right on in their assessment of you and the way you have grown since joining this forum. Your contributions are appreciated and welcome. Thank you. :D

B
benkearney
I'm not sure who "Ana" is and what you did to [tick] her off, but hopefully she's the forgiving type.

B
benkearney
And then Raincatcher has to go and ruin my joke. Sheesh.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
benkearney said:
And then Raincatcher has to go and ruin my joke. Sheesh.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

brandon4455
brandon4455
Thanks for fixing that barb!! :lol: everyone,thanks for accepting my apology (assuming most of you did?) thanks for all of the kind words.. they mean a lot. you better believe ill keep fighting for wild fish.. i wont stop until the day i die.. hopefully pass my passion on in the process so the future generation is a bunch of wild fish conservationists!! :lol:

W
wozniasm
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

L
lilsalmon
yay,...its letting me post today...I think..I still can't find my posts...Good for you Brandon......

M
mrlindeman
This is very big of you man. Great post. Sometimes things can get heated but we are all friends that love fishing. That is of the utmost importance :) Fish on! :)

N
ninja2010
"To know what is right and not to do it is the worst cowardice." - Confucius

You have done right to speak when needed...

"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees; if in terms of 100 years, teach the people." - Confucius

And you have great wisdom for your years...