Alton-Baker pond update 2-25-10

troutdude
troutdude
Yeah, me thinketh that my reputation now preceedeth me! LOL

N
natro
Just thought I'd give my update for today. Got to AB about 10:10, and the dumping truck got there about 10:15 or so. Pretty much as expected since they just dumped em, people started catching fish like crazy. I decided to use a gold bladed, black bodied panther martin with yellow spots for my lure of choice. Caught and released quite a few. One time I casted out and hadn't even started reeling and I had a fish, just as soon as it hit the water. Caught my limit though and was home by noon. Absolutely had a blast and plan on going back tomorrow. :)

troutdude
troutdude
Way to go mr. nate!!! :)

We're they large fish, or just "legals" (8 - 10")?

L
lilsalmon
I knew I should have gone there instead of playing Guitar Hero....grrrrrrr.....good job!!!!!

N
natro
The one's I caught were probably 10"-12" Heading back tomorrow. Not sure what time.

troutdude
troutdude
Nice stringer Nate!

Hey Lil, I just hope that video game didn't kill the fisherperson! LOL

L
lilsalmon
troutdude said:
Nice stringer Nate!

Hey Lil, I just hope that video game didn't kill the fisherperson! LOL

Heck no....nothing will kill that.....I went out to Waverly just to wet my line, no way going to let that die.....too much water out there I havent seen and fished....

troutdude
troutdude
10-4...that's the spirit!

G
grampa ron
Once again the fishing was extremely good after haveing just been stocked. It looked like everyone got a limit that wanted one. I C&R so many that I lost track again. Sometimes it was a hit or a fish on every cast. I about wore myself out from fishing from 10:30am to 5:30pm. Probly be back in morning. By the way, they did not stock the big pond. The road was blocked by construction.

N
natro
I'll more than likely be there early on Friday. It was a lot of fun catching all those fish.