Alton-Baker Canal fishing reports

T
teubie
Talked to Erik just now at the hatchery and there is still construction and stocking will be again around 2pm tomorrow. They are only stocking 500 legal and 55 bigger. Good luck and enjoy.

D
dalehalsey
teubie said:
Talked to Erik just now at the hatchery and there is still construction and stocking will be again around 2pm tomorrow. They are only stocking 500 legal and 55 bigger. Good luck and enjoy.

S, how did fishing go today, I had to miss fishing today for a job interview . I will be out fishing tomorrow , but ill be looking for carp at ABC or bass somewhere else.

T
teubie
Apparently they stocked at 1030 so I got bad info. However I heard it was great fishing after they stocked. I got there are 230 and it slowed way down. Good luck fishing today!

B
budney
It just figures that they stocked between the normal 9:30-11:00 time frame. With the work on the dam they have been stinking between 1-2 the past few weeks. I got there around 2:30 also, but I was able to catch 2 in the 2 hour window I had.

Admin
Admin
Still no pictures of those "legal and bigger"? )

T
teubie
Fish stocked today

Fish stocked today

They stocked at 0930 this am and the fish were biting like crazy. Called cops again on same guy for going over his limit. Ticketed a second time. Love our ODFW State Troopers!

B
budney
teubie said:
They stocked at 0930 this am and the fish were biting like crazy. Called cops again on same guy for going over his limit. Ticketed a second time. Love our ODFW State Troopers!

Agreed, I am glad they are taking things seriously.

I hope I can get out there on Saturday, but school has the priority right now.