Alsea River fishing reports

M
Mike123
Thuggin4Life said:
Did I see a report from you? I can't believe my eyes.

Yea what the heck... It's crazy crowded no matter what. Don't get used to this sort of thing though. :lol:

T
Thuggin4Life
Thats fine. Even though I know the river its not on my to go list for steel and if I did check it out I doubt I would find your spot or even know i was there if I was. I thought hell would freeze over before I seen a report from you. lol christmas miracle it is.

M
Mike123
Thuggin4Life said:
Thats fine. Even though I know the river its not on my to go list for steel and if I did check it out I doubt I would find your spot or even know i was there if I was. I thought hell would freeze over before I seen a report from you. lol christmas miracle it is.

I give reports all the time... just not with pics. :rolleyes:
I give all kinds of info on this board.

People that are chasing reports on here aren't necessarily going to do well anyways. The fishing can change from day to day especially this early. You probably know this.

T
Thuggin4Life
Your right it mostly the pics that are missing. Just giving you a bad time. One day though eventually you will go to your spot to be met by a fellow OFFer would just had to see things for himself. It is just bound to happen.

S
steelhead_stalkers
I have 50 spots good luck finding them all! :lol:

T
Thuggin4Life
I wouldn't even now it if i did. I would like to try the alsea sometime but i bet i get there for crab before steel. And If I don't make it for steel I will deffinantly try tide water for fall chinook. I like winters on the siuslaw because its my closest river and the umpqua aint much farther to go in search of monsters.

F
fishhunter
I look forward to running into offers in my spots. Once I get crankin on some steel!!! I will be more then happy to take some steel virgins.

S
steelhead_stalkers
From what I have heard the siuslaw is putting in a lot of smolts and should be getting some very good returns for the next few years. I will be scouting and fishing it quit a bit this winter!

T
Thuggin4Life
steelhead_stalkers said:
From what I have heard the siuslaw is putting in a lot of smolts and should be getting some very good returns for the next few years. I will be scouting and fishing it quit a bit this winter!

Good news.

P
plumb2fish
HAve they upped the # from 60000. I heard that they(NWSteelheaders) were aloud to dump the excess smolts from the Letz Creek hatchery into Horton Mill Pond. That may bring some of those fish into Lake Creek. There was 40000 smolts stocked in Greenleaf in the past. For a total of 100000 in the Slaw system. The biggest problem with the slaw is the smolts are all dumped in those two places(or were in the past) so they blow through the system durring high water events and stack up with in a mile of there acclimation points. Not saying you can't catch them other places but they don't hang around in the lower river like they used too when the plants were spread out. Fish near the traps during high water or the few days after and you will find fish from now until April. The main Slaw is open all the way up and Letz Creek is right outside of Lorain off of Siuslaw River Road. Lots of water between there and Whittacker Creek. Go bonk some brats.:dance:

P
plumb2fish
The fish at Letz Creek come from the traps on Whittacker and I believe Fish Creek is where the other trap is located now. These are Brood Stock fish not Alsea strain so the bulk returns in Jan. through March. There are fish there now but not in great #'s yet but soon very soon.:dance:

Last edited:
S
steelhead_stalkers
I think the step program is helping with smots as well.

P
plumb2fish
steelhead_stalkers said:
I think the step program is helping with smots as well.

I believe the step program is partnered with nwsteelheaders and the fish are being raised at letz creek and roaring river?prety good high jack.... sorry

S
steelhead_stalkers
Thats the norm here at OFF! :lol:

T
Thuggin4Life
So hows the bass fishing been lately. lol

S
Salmonhungry
Anyone been out the last couple of days? Alsea that is...

C
Chedster
It's slowed up since the the last big rain but I have seen/caught a couple fish the last few days. Looks like the river is gonna jump with the heavy rain in the next few days, I would probably hold off till it's back on the drop.

R
RIVERFISHER
Salmonhungry said:
Anyone been out the last couple of days? Alsea that is...

Went out today seen one landed at meathole and friend had one onbut that was it all day. All I even heard about also. With the low water people prab just picked em out of all the holes. Just gotta wait for aqua to come back up and bring more in I guess.

L
lilsalmon
anyone fishing the alsea today...wonder what the condition is.....gonna head out there and check it out

C
Chedster
River is high at over 9' but hopefully it drops quick