About the shad comming

K
kenjimua
when is the shad comming to the boniville dam? or got a web site soo i can check the shad count

You still got quite a ways to go till the Shad come in. I usually start fishing for them around Memorial Day usually.

Shad fishing is hot up at bonni in mid may through june. Great fish to catch on light tackle , take the kids to have fun. Crab bait all year long :)I make my annual trip up there mid june, we spend two days catching all the crab bait we need for the year, and have a blast doing it.

coolios! btw how do we know when the shad are coming =s...i still dont know where to go look for the fishing counting place thingy is =s

What do you use for shad? Is meldrum bar good for shad? I'm thinking of starting the little guy on some river fishing this year, he has pulled quite a few trouts over 20" since he was two all by himself, I just help him a little by holding the pole above the reel and he can reel in those brooters. He's four now, so I think he can handle a few shads. Appreciate any tips.

well i really dont know how to explain it really =s....shad darts? and i also herd they like flashy stuff from a person that works in this sports place =s

They will bite anything with color, even a plain brass or nickel swivel. Just make sure it is a small hook!

I have always been told to drift fish crappie jigs in the current adding split shot until you bump bottom about 1-3 times per drift setting the hook (not too hard) on any bump, bright colors like chartreause, orange, and neon pink should work fine. But don't rely on my word, I have yet to catch a shad, but I also don't think I have gone during a good run.

I have never caught a shad, only gone for them once, but I saw them getting slaughtered with gold swivels with a hook attached immediatly to the swivel.

Those things will bite anything....

Troutier Bassier said:
Those things will bite anything....

Not true grasshoppah. Sometimes one must explore other options in the tackle box to get the desired results.

OnTheFly said:
Not true grasshoppah. Sometimes one must explore other options in the tackle box to get the desired results.

that is very true =s...i have to go through my tackle box or my gear just to find out what kind of bait the trouts are eating :s...this goes for shad too

chartreuse jigs kill them.

Chartruse kills everything

has anyone been out for these little buggers latley down in oregon city if so how was it?

Back
Top Bottom