7/21/12 Report

J
JohnOD
Marina & I had another gorgeous day on Crane Prairie. We had a good flurry of activity mid morning with one Brook Trout and nine or ten Rainbows brought to the boat. All of the fish were hooked on Sinkline’s Chironomid patterns (Thanks Randy!). The best two Rainbows went 24" & 25" with several others over 20". We had close to 30 bites but most of them were very light and hard to connect with. The 24" fish looked great but fought like a dog. Despite my best effort I could not revive him.
Brandon I wish you could have been there. All but one of the fish were in the spot where you got your big boy;).

Nice riffle
008-7.jpg

Marker buoy & indicator on glass
003-12.jpg

A few victims
010-5.jpg
007-8.jpg
005-11.jpg
006-7.jpg
002-17.jpg

Hydration management
012-3.jpg

Y
Yogidabear
wow that looks like fun, I have never fished crane I need to go there.

B
bran_man
Those are some beauties! Small steelhead sized! looks like a fun/successful trip to me!

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
\

Last edited:
S
steelhead_slayer
looks great

W
waco
I love the last picture!!

E
eggs
Well done sir!

L
lilsalmon
Nice job....of course. Beautiful fishys!

J
JohnOD
Yep Randy that's the one. I fished the olive horizontal leech for a while and had a fish grab it when I was pulling it in to go back to the pupa. Unfortunately it didn't stick:(.

I hooked one fish that ran 40+ yards into my backing on its first run. I had Marina pull the anchors and chased it down with the trolling motor. It was an 18" bow foul hooked in the belly:rolleyes:.

brandon4455
brandon4455
w\

Last edited:
S
Sinkline

Last edited: