6 foot pontoon

T
troutslayer48
wondering if anyone has ever floated the Sandy our clack on a 6 foot pontoon as that is the only thing I have that floats.

S
subbiefun
its very possible u just have to know how to navigate the river. if i had a pontoon i would do it all the time. good luck

M
meluvtrout
That would be a very VERY dangerous and stupid move, especially in winter time. Try floating the Clack in July or August from McIver down if all you've got is a 6 ft toon.

B
Berg03
ya 6ft is pretty small. def want to wait till its summer

troutdude
troutdude
Got to agree. A 6 footer down the Sandy in winter, is a recipe for disaster.

Don't do it. You wouldn't want your obit in the paper, would you?

H
hunt-fish-trap
MAN DO NOT DO IT!!!!! I consider myself still a beginner oarsman after 5 years with my driftboat. I had a 10' toon and did the dodge to oxbow in a low water year. it was freakin crazy. There are quite a few guys on here with driftboats and semi open schedules that would enjoy the company cuz fishing alone sometimes get boring.

if you havent figured it out yet.... I will take you so you dont die!

T
troutslayer48
Wow.. OK glad i asked the question before heading out. I had a bad feeling about it in the beginning but sometimes excitement gets the best of you. Ill stick to wading the waters for now. THank you all for the input, and if you DO ever want a buddy in the boat let me know!
THanks again