50+ bass last night!

D

daehleets

Did a test run on the sea bass last night, Buddy fished his swimbait without a1bbb.jpg a1bb.jpg a1bbbbbbb.jpg a1bbbbbbbb.jpg a1b.jpg a1bbbb.jpg tippin his swimbait. I fished my marabou jig tipped with a river wiggler . after 8 fish to his none he started tippin his swimbait and the bass started slamin his. Think the added smell of the bait due to fishin um at night helps cause they rely more on there noses. Also found the fish would come back if we missed hookin up first strike due to being real food and get them hooked up on the second or third strike. good times on the little utra light!

D

daehleets

Looks awesome! Makes me hungry..
Made me hungry enough to fillet a few up last night a 2 am and fry um up. Hard to beat that with a shot of lemon and a glob of tatar sauce!

troutdude

troutdude

Oh yeah!!! Way to go. I got into those sea bass like that a few decades back, with floating rapalas. Night time and minus tide = lots o' bass. It's a blast reeling in something that you can't see too! lol

D

Drew9870

Banned User
Those really have some size to them, nice job.

Reminds me of a couple months ago when I was in the boat with my buddies at Newport, they were getting a fish every once in awhile on white rubber grubs, but I starting getting Coppers and Blues about every cast just using a strip of Trout meat with a 1/8oz bullet slider above it.

Bait, in general, can boost the effeciency of most lures, fish don't naturally eat things without taste/scent, so they will even hold the lure longer with added bait, I bet I could have tipped a grub with a Nightcrawler on my buddies boat and had the same results. Not to bag on the flourescent dyed octo, I might even do it to Squid and Octo tentacles this year just to make them more eye catching to the fish, might even experiment dying Trout fillets :):think:.

Squid and Octo have a great protein content, along with a great scent and amino content, so I take it just a dye and a preservative, this is another part of bait making I need to research. Gonna do a documentary on a wide variety of fish liking Squid/Octo bought from the store, Largemouth, Rainbows, etc.

D

daehleets

Wherabouts were ya guys fishin at? Id like to head to the coast next weekend.
Depoe bay area, Just make sure your prepared for the night life of fishin with the right weather forcast, tides, boots, lights, gear ect. Easy for good things to go bad perty fast at night. Carefull and good luck!

D

daehleets

Thanks Hawk, can't wait till i have some time to chase um again!
Those are reel Beautiful bass Bro.
Well Done.
:clap::clap::clap:
:D:D:D
:cool:

Last edited:
N

nwkiller

nice fish man!!! thats a fat bass

T

Team CF

How the heck do you catch those and where? lol looks amazing! great job.

D

daehleets

How the heck do you catch those and where? lol looks amazing! great job.
Thanks. They can be caught on a variety of gear, Rapalas, swimbaits, jigs. Seem to do the best with steelhead marabou jigs tipped with the stickleback bait for added scent and taste. Depoe bay worked for me but i hear all up and down the coast there is places to catch these hogs. Good luck

Top Bottom