$425 for a Fenwick rod?

troutdude
troutdude
This is a gorgeous Fenny; but I'm still flabbergasted that someone paid over $400!!!

Fenwick FF90.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141695719337?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

T
taconight2night
That is a lot of money, but I'm not too surprised. Vintage fiberglass Fenwicks, especially the fly rods are SUPER collectable. This one in perfect condition, with the original case, to a wealthy fly fishing collector is irresistible. I found a Fenwick spinning rod about the same age in nearly the same condition at a Goodwill not long ago. Beautiful 7'6" all glass spinning rod medium weight with the cork soft and new. Must have been sitting in someone's closet for 40 years! Paid 8 bucks for it.

T
taconight2night
PS- will entertain offers lol

troutdude
troutdude
LOL That's funny!

I have several Fenny's, but have never paid more than about $20. They are, as most peeps on here know, my favorite "mass production" sticks. I grew up, in the 60's, and Fenny's are what we used. I love the glass action! Plus, I have NEVER broken a glass rod (in 50 years of time on the water). Fenwicks "Supreme Glass" line, are especially nice wands. They are the hollow / translucent / light brown ones...as is the one above. IMO they are almost as good as, the S-Glass Lamiglas rods (which are gorgeous works of art, and lighter than air).

O
Orgwayne
Say Troutdude I have a S-Glass Lamiglas rod that I won at the old steelheaders club in Corvallis in the early 70s, your right it is a beauty , a 1 dollar ticket won it for me , and one of the club guys tied all the guides up for free , needs a little work right now
Wayne