3 Baits

R
ryan808
If you had three baits to fish with what would they be. I'm trying to stick to just three types of baits/lures and only 2 variations of each. After looking at my stash of plastics and lure, I could probably fill one of the isles at bass pro shops, thinking about it I probably got more gear than Bi-Mart :lol:. This year I'm going to stick to the basic gear and not get tempted to watch the dreaded Tackle Warehouse videos and by crap that I never use.

1. Top Water
- Megabass Popmax
- Spro Bronze eye popping frog

2. Shakey Head Plastics
- Big Bite Flying squirrel
- Owner Yuki bug

3. Jigs
- Northstar Jigs tipped with Urbanbass Man trailers

C
Combat Chuck
1. Spinnerbait
2. 3.5" tube jig Gitzit or yamamoto brand
3. Stick bait/senko... im not picky

C
catfishman89
1. 3 inch senko drop shot or t rigged.

2. Jig and a pig

3. Yum finesse tube t rigged

I have so many lures and gadgets but in reality this is what i use 95% of the time. I can pretty much cover all the water columns with these lures too. These baits are effective anytime of the year. I really should consolidate my tackle but i dont think thats going to happen. You can't have enough junk :cool:

F
Finneus Polebender
Soooo hear you on the feeling lost to trying everything new gig . Must have it reel bad cause I still am gonna order some new stuff for spring. Guess I will go with the old gotta show em sumthin new to get some action theory as my excuse. Just like formentioned always comes down to a basic few.
1. Artificial worm: The bait of confidence magnum version " ya had to know it was coming" just cuz it fishes top to bottom and all points between. Second variation would be the senko.
2.topwater: Rage toad , and still gotta say the spro frog over the dahlberg though I am not sure I have given the dahlberg diver a fair chance.
3.Spinner baits: old habits die hard, and until I master swim baits the spinner bait has caught all three of my largest bass ever. Booyah w colorado blades white w blood head usually vary color and size of blade to match conditions / depth or retrieve rates.

B
Bassdad54
Hey Ryan
Good question this has to be mine.

1)jig w/trailer
2)senko
3)spinnerbait

T
tomriker
i don't even use 3 baits on a regular basis.. but if i had to choose 3...

1 jigs
2 shakey head jigs
3 various topwater plugs

B
BaitMyLine
I agree with your desire to consolidate and I think Skeet Reese (maybe Edwin Evers) just wrote an article about doing the same kind of thing. Like some of the others, I don't think I have it in me to do so. My top three are:
1. Natural hair jigs
2. Lipless cranks
3. Topwater assortment
Although I'd still have to carry some spinnerbaits as well.

R
ryan808
We need to post a contest to see who has the most baits and gear :lol:, we'll see who the real tackle monkeys are.

V
veilside180sx
ryan808 said:
We need to post a contest to see who has the most baits and gear :lol:, we'll see who the real tackle monkeys are.

Limited to just bass gear? =)

T
tomriker
ryan would def win if you counted all the rods he has... lol i think limited to bass gear is a good idea, altho i use several non bass saltwater baits for bass :D

B
BaitMyLine
If my wife found out about such a contest and then found out where I stood...I'd be dead. Last summer we had a garage sale and thought I would sell a few rods and reels. I brought about 12 to 15 of each up from my fishing room in the basement and she asked why I had so many fishing poles and why I was selling all of them. I wasn't sure how to tell her that this was nowhere near all of them. "Oh, I still have a few left that I can use."

C
catfishman89
What about a contest on who has the most minimal gear?:D

T
tomriker
i'd win that one catfish! i put a bag of trailers in one pocket and a couple spare jigs in the other when i go :)

T
TTFishon
I have a very limited amount of bass gear. I have a shopping bag full of
1. Soft plastics/mainly 2 sizes of the bait of confidence. lol
2. Spinnerbaits
3. A couple of jigs and some tubes

This year I'm planning on putting some effort into jig fishing and I gotta get me some of those flying squirrels.

R
ryan808
veilside180sx said:
Limited to just bass gear? =)

Only bass gear..... You'll take the prize if not. :lol:

R
ryan808
Ill have to take a pic this weekend...

C
colbypearson
ryan808 said:
Ill have to take a pic this weekend...

Sweet I have no idea what all you have but it will get me motivated to organize my stuff its always good to take inventory :)

B
BaitMyLine
That's my big goal this year...organize my gear and weed some things out. I have crankbaits with 5% of the paint left, etc. My problem is that I will probably spend the season trying to replace everything I took out of my arsenal.

My other goal...try to fish slower! I like my jigs but will surely have more luck if I slow 'em down.

C
colbypearson
BaitMyLine said:
That's my big goal this year...organize my gear and weed some things out. I have crankbaits with 5% of the paint left, etc. My problem is that I will probably spend the season trying to replace everything I took out of my arsenal.
The ones with the least paint that still run right are the best ones IMO haha I would take my beat up baits over the new ones hands down any day! they have the Mojo...Talk about organization problems dont make me post another pic lol.

F
Finneus Polebender
colbypearson said:
Sweet I have no idea what all you have but it will get me motivated to organize my stuff its always good to take inventory :)

Was gonna say my money was on CP for most gear , defintely Ryan on the rods, Starting to get a nice array put together I will always be lookin for the next" bait of confidence "