3 Baits

H
hawgcaller
Organization??? What is that? My garage is ridiculous! I can't even tell you how many times my old lady has complained that she almost stepped on this or can you at least put it all in one area. Fact of the matter is that 90% of the baits I have I never even use. Not to say that they would not work, I just don't have as much confidence in them. And when I have baits that I know and have caught many fish on, it makes it very difficult to try something new. I absolutely have to try some swimbaits this year. I can't take anymore of Colby's 7 plus pound photos. My top 3 for the following season will be as follows:
1.) Spro King Daddy (Rainforest Black/Natural Red) I was amazed this year at how many nice fish I caught this year on frogs, not as big as those 7's but many fish in the 5-6lb range.
2.)Jigs and Trailers various sizes and colors.
3.)A couple of good old sweet beavers and some senkos rigged in various fashions in mostly dark colors.
I Can't wait for another month or so, I am planning on cracking the 7 mark this year. Had the chance this year but EPIC fail a couple of times. NOT THIS YEAR!!!!

C
colbypearson
hawgcaller said:
Organization??? What is that? My garage is ridiculous! I can't even tell you how many times my old lady has complained that she almost stepped on this or can you at least put it all in one area. Fact of the matter is that 90% of the baits I have I never even use. Not to say that they would not work, I just don't have as much confidence in them. And when I have baits that I know and have caught many fish on, it makes it very difficult to try something new. I absolutely have to try some swimbaits this year. I can't take anymore of Colby's 7 plus pound photos. My top 3 for the following season will be as follows:
1.) Spro King Daddy (Rainforest Black/Natural Red) I was amazed this year at how many nice fish I caught this year on frogs, not as big as those 7's but many fish in the 5-6lb range.
2.)Jigs and Trailers various sizes and colors.
3.)A couple of good old sweet beavers and some senkos rigged in various fashions in mostly dark colors.
I Can't wait for another month or so, I am planning on cracking the 7 mark this year. Had the chance this year but EPIC fail a couple of times. NOT THIS YEAR!!!!
Nice pics dude, no doubt about it I have still caught way more fish over 6lbs on jigs than swimbaits! Jigs have got to be my #1 producer for nice largemouth, lots of good ones on beaver style baits as well including a few fish over 7lbs! keep at it youll get one it looks like your on the right quality already! :)

B
Boone
10.5 in. ribbontails worms
shakey head jigs- crawdads, and finesse worms
crankbaits - variety

H
hawgcaller
colbypearson said:
Nice pics dude, no doubt about it I have still caught way more fish over 6lbs on jigs than swimbaits! Jigs have got to be my #1 producer for nice largemouth, lots of good ones on beaver style baits as well including a few fish over 7lbs! keep at it youll get one it looks like your on the right quality already! :)

Ya I think I am on the right track. Started fishing a lot more heavy cover this year, especially hydrilla or similar weeds with topwaters. I got into some nice fish but the biggest ones smoked me. I hooked 1 on a sammy that was a BEAST!!! It shot water literally 4 feet in the air. A couple of nice jumps then it buried me in the thick. I don't have a boat so my options are limited, ended up trying to drag her in and pulled the hooks free. The spro frogs seemed to keep the fish buttoned pretty good and I didn't have as many problems once I started walking a frog. This is my first year fishing frogs and I feel I did pretty good. I think I got 6 over 5 and a bunch of 3-4 lbers. Super fun though!! This year I am gonna get a meat stick and start throwing some fat trout!! I can't wait to try that on Tenmile, I think im gonna get lucky hittin it when they stock that puppy. I also want to try that umbrella rig, lol. I think that is going to be deadly on some smallies, meaning how they can be so dang aggressive. I caught a nice 2.5lb and a 1.5lb smallie on one cast this year with a lipless. can't see why a school of bait wouldn't get smashed!

H
huntbuddy
1. Spinnerbait
2. Yum Shakalicious shaky head worm
3. Senko rigged wacky style with the Wacky Saddle.