2 Steelhead in one day!

A
Axlave
Hey everyone!
Went to a coastal river yesterday and had the best luck I have ever had fishing!! Caught a native and a keeper. The keeper was a bit dark, but still tasted delish in my homemade steelie tacos!
Unfortunatly no picture of the native, but fortunately...Captured the entire thing on the go pro!
And the second steelhead I did get a photo of. Both were caught on the pink worm on a jig under a slip bobber. The native was on a black jig head, and the hatchery was on a white jig head.
All in all in amazing day!

• Steelie!.jpg
  • Steelie Tacos.jpg
Reactions: rogerdodger
T
Tacomasteelheader
Good job that pic belongs on the cover page , I like the background

S
Scott M
Very nice! Very nice, indeed!!

Bet you wished you had a net!! :D

A
Axlave
Man I would love that pic if it was on the cover page.
And yeah, definitely could have used a net lol.

T
Throbbit _Shane
The fish on the video was a chromer! Nice fish!

I had fish tacos tonight too, but with cod.

P
perfectg03
Nice video and a nice fish. Next time try and keep that nate in the water. You guys were holding it out and messing around with it, then laying it in the sand. This is a video of exactly how not handle a steelhead.

S
Scott M
This is why there is a 10% mortality rate for catch and release fish....

A
Axlave
perfectg03 said:
Nice video and a nice fish. Next time try and keep that nate in the water. You guys were holding it out and messing around with it, then laying it in the sand. This is a video of exactly how not handle a steelhead.
I appreciate that, and completely agree, but in this situation, it wasn't sand but actually a slippery and somewhat steep rock face where my bud was standing. We would rather risk a fish (not that we were completely mangling him when he was out of the water), then my friend risking falling over the slippery rocks into the water. When I went off to get my pliers he was trying his best to keep in the water. But like i said, I completely agree, but it can't always be done perfectly.

Last edited:
T
Thuggin4Life
Thanks for sharing man. Nice fish! Those tacos look amazing!

hobster
hobster
perfectg03 said:

Yup, they would eat you alive for that on the "other" not so friendly forum.