North Fork Nehalem today!

MrGrumpFish
MrGrumpFish
On short notice, I called Hans last night and told him the weather forecast was perfect and the water on the coastal rivers was supposed to be epic! He decided to tag along with me and we headed to a couple different spots on the North Fork Nehalem! I caught my first steelhead today below the hatchery and got broke off about 4 feet away from my toes! DANG!!! I got to see what felt to be about a 12 or so pound fish with my favorite nightmare jig set nicely in side of its bottom jaw! Super excited to have finally hooked a fish on my newest rod and reel. I plan on going back next weekend to get my jig back! Hans had a bobber down as well that ended up a miss I believe. He will probably chime in here to clarify. Once again I was fortunate to enjoy another great day of fishing with a fellow OFF member! Thanks again for coming with me Hans! Enjoy the pics!

Cheers,

Chris

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
Southpaw
Southpaw
Great pictures of a fun looking trip and awesome scenery ��

P
pinstriper
I was on 2 other rivers - no, 3. And had 4 landed at my feet BY OTHER PEOPLE. So be glad you had FISH ON, because all I got was the opportunity to donate some snagged gear.

G
Gravel_Bottom
The water looks especially clear, taking into account the rain the last few days! thanks for the pics

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
What a beautiful section of river! I floated the Sandy with my boys Saturday but was able to secure a half day pass.
Chris was pretty stoked about hooking his first steelhead and rightfully so. I did tease him "no pic, didn't happen" :)
I missed a hook set drifting a bead, I know no pic…
Great time on river Chris, I'm really glad I was able to make it!