WW Grigg?

B
bigdog
Don't get me wrong I have never had any worries about my lami, just know a few people that have had problems but who is to say they could have just got a rod with a bad spot on it. Hell the other weekend I watch a guy snap a gloom as well and they cost a lot more then most rods.

J
JAYDEE
I have 3 ww griggs and they are great rods. They have great action. All of mine are trout rods. The price varies on what type of rod you use trout, salmon, steelhead and so on. My trout rods were from 50-55$ a piece, If you are interested in them go to there website it is W.W. Grigg Fishing Rods and they have the prices for there rods on the site.

G
GDBrown
Broken Rod - Never

Broken Rod - Never

:lol:
FishSchooler said:
It's also hard to break a rod if there is no fish to break it on. :think: ;)

All I need is a car door or a riverside bolder to trip on!!!

I get mine at Tillamook Sporting Goods. They are private labeled made on IM7 blanks. Great warranty too. I broke my tip down on the Wilson a couple years ago and when I took it into the store the guy looked at it and says" That's note what it's suppose to look like, let me get you one that looks right. Never even asked what happened.:clap:

H
halibuthitman
I only get rid of a rod that has died in battle... and if you buy good ones that probably is going to take a long time... they do come and go.

H
halibuthitman
bigdog said:
Don't get me wrong I have never had any worries about my lami, just know a few people that have had problems but who is to say they could have just got a rod with a bad spot on it. Hell the other weekend I watch a guy snap a gloom as well and they cost a lot more then most rods.
g-loom or is it gloom-is? I have broken the tips off 3, and for me they are the most over rated rod on the shelf... well mabe orvis beat them but anyway a celio rod is a he$# of a lot tougher but with just about as qaulity of an action... but since I divorced loomis Ive never needed my back-up rod. But MANY people swear by them.

T
Troutier Bassier
Celilio FTW!!!

Ive used a celilo on all the salmon that I caught. And a lot of bass. And a sturgeon. (21")
Thats gonna be my main rod until Feburary when I get a lamistick. ;)

H
halibuthitman
Troutier Bassier said:
Celilio FTW!!!

Ive used a celilo on all the salmon that I caught. And a lot of bass. And a sturgeon. (21")
Thats gonna be my main rod until Feburary when I get a lamistick. ;)

why get rid of it? im getting mine rebuilt and having an extra guide put on it and a qaulity reel seat and handle... Ive caught a 45 lb halibut on mine. and it played the 30lb king in my picture on my home page with 10 lb mono so you can't say they don't have backbone and sensetivity, the rods right there behind it in the photo.

Last edited:
F
FishSchooler
All the fish I have come on are on a crap shakespeare $40 rod n reel combo. The reel is $30, so the rod must be a crappy $10 one. :p Proves you don't need expensive equipment to catch fish.

T
Troutier Bassier
Thats what Ive been debating (not rebaiting ;) ) about. Should I get a new lamistick for $100? Or should I get another Celilo for $60 and get a good reel for it.

B
bigdog
FishSchooler said:
All the fish I have come on are on a crap shakespeare $40 rod n reel combo. The reel is $30, so the rod must be a crappy $10 one. :p Proves you don't need expensive equipment to catch fish.

You've caught fish Keven? :lol: No you don't NEED a high priced rod and I use to fish with them $40 combos until I got my first good set up. WWgrigs and I'll never go back. The feel and action of a good rod is more then worth it. The Celilio is a good rod for the money I also have one of them in the garage and I like it.