Winter crawdads?

I
Ifishforfood
over the last three weeks ive started catching crawdads like crazy, and found it to be a really fun activity to do . after getting started a bit late (mid november), i realized that i may not be able to even catch any in winter!:confused: im hoping i will still be able to catch them, even if it is cold. does anyone know if i can still catch them in the winter months?

C
colbypearson
Ifishforfood said:
over the last three weeks ive started catching crawdads like crazy, and found it to be a really fun activity to do . after getting started a bit late (mid november), i realized that i may not be able to even catch any in winter!:confused: im hoping i will still be able to catch them, even if it is cold. does anyone know if i can still catch them in the winter months?

depends on how you catch them, i always wade creeks catching them when i was younger a lot, but when winter hit i wouldnt dare do it haha...i would assume traps might show up a few but i wouldnt assume many, for sure try warmer areas though maybe runoff and springs would really concentrate them just my .02 and an idea

brandon4455
brandon4455
traps are the way to go. catch little shiners or use rotten chicken as bait. they will hard to catch. maybe 5-10 if that a day during the winter. find a calm spot. tie the rope to a tree and color a jug up for a buoy i cast them out at night and check them the next day i wake up.

brandon

I
Ifishforfood
thanks.

brandon4455
brandon4455
no problem good luck with the crawdad catching

brandon