Willamette opener

F
Fish a holic
According to Outdoor GPS retention for sturgeon might not be till Feb. with a short season.

Any guess on how long it'll be open?:think:

F
fish4life
Ill give it three weekends or less.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Last year was 4 days right? From what I understand they don't open it for a specified period of time. They monitor the catch and close it when the quota is reached. I hear they hammered them from day one last year so they closed it really quickly.

I could be wrong, this is just what I heard a couple weeks ago.

Last edited:
F
Fish a holic
I fished in March last year and got two keepers. Your right they do monitor the catch for the closure that's why I was wondering if it's gonna be weeks or days. What is the quota? Anyone know or want to guess?:think:

M
Marvin's Guide Service
They have not set a quota yet. When I talked to John North at ODFW he said it would be for sure less then last year!
Mid February should be the opener. If you want to go you better go when it opens don't weight, wont be open long.

F
fish4life
last year I believe it was open 10 days, ussually thursday, friday, and saturday. I think they were talking about 1700 fish this year down from 2500 last year. Last year season opened on feb 17 and closed on march 12.